NGD: RGA321F bx - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

NGD: RGA321F bx

I don't get as many NGD's as I used to but I'm still VERY happy when I do have one (this is only my second one this year )

One of the online stores are having a blowout of last years stock (the good ones before they changed the pups and upped the price) so I pulled the trigger and now have a nice older sibling for my RGA121. I will add a blk/wht Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB in the bridge and an all blk '59 @ the neck when I get back from my 2nd Boston trip.

I was a bit scared to see a gaping whole in the box when Mr.Ups-man was walking it up to me, but luckily no issues.

I'll take better pics when time allows, I've only had it less than an hour at this point.

Beautiful "tiger-like" flame pattern to the top.

The flamed natural binding looks amazing!! These crap pics just don't do it justice!

That has to be one of the most striped pcs of rosewood overlay I have ever seen on an Ibanez headstock!!

I'll post pics of my "other" NGD that came and went a short while back on a NEW USA Fender Tele Deluxe, 'till then, PEACE!!!

~Bones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Re: NGD: RGA321F bx

Awesome guitar! I don't usually like black, but that is great!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Oh Yeah!!! Really like that. Congrats on a nice score. That's a keeper for sure. HNGD!!!!
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:14 AM

Oh man that is sweet! Congrats. Post some more pics when you get the new pickups in.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
Oh man that is sweet! Congrats. Post some more pics when you get the new pickups in.
Thanks gang. I will post better/ more pics after I change the pups. If we could get a day of sunlight rather than cloudy, rainy days like we have been having for nearly two weeks I will take some outdoor pics.

I had the chance to pop the cherry on this axe last night. I host a couple open mic/jam nights @ local bars every week so I had the perfect chance to play her onstage. I have to say she performed STELLARLY The neck has a satin finish that feels so silky and smoove (you know it's smooth when you have to spell it with a "v"!! ). it is interesting to note my RGA121 has a light gloss on the neck and this RGA321 has a satin finish on the neck but the RGA121 has a satin finish on the body while the RGA321 has a gloss.

The stock USA Dimarzios aren't bad pups at all so I will only change the bridge first and see where that leads me. I have an '05 RGA121 that I bought new and added a JB/Jazz set that puts out some wonderful tone in that model so I definitely want to install a JB in the bridge of the RGA321 but a '59 in the neck just to be a little different than my other RGA (if I even end up changing the neck pup). I need to search up the old thread about what over-the-counter pups Dimarzio makes compared to these stock USA Dimarzio/ibz pups.

I will be playing 3 more shows this week and "Silky" will surely be by my side at all three shows. She gets two thumbs up and a big recommendation to anyone thinking about buying one, get 'em while the getting is good - before they are all gone!!

I still need to give her the "treatment", which is something I usually do before a guitar hits the stage with me. She will get a fretboard oiling, tightening of all parts (neck, tuners, knobs) and intonation (if necessary). I might leave the 9's on her for now but will have to try 10's at some point as I've have had 10's on my RGA121 since I brought it home and with very sweet results in the tone/feel dept.

until later,

~Bones
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Vendor

The 121 was satin finished when you bought it and has played in to a sheen. The same will happen with the 321. They're only satin when they're new, rubbing it polishes, you can't avoid it.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

I had a feeling that had happened but it has been 4yrs now since I adopted my RGA121 that I couldn't remember

They both feel smooth as glass either way without feeling "sticky".

~Bones
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Vendor

You know if you fondle it too much you'll go deaf. Or is that blind? Or, it'll grow hair? [If that was the case I should fondle my head constantly!!]
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You know if you fondle it too much you'll go deaf. Or is that blind? Or, it'll grow hair? [If that was the case I should fondle my head constantly!!]
I can barely see the screen but I think that was pretty damn funny!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Vendor

You'd probably say the same thing about my head, but I ain't laughing!!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Hub

Looks really nice, I love those rosewood covered headstocks!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub View Post

Looks really nice, I love those rosewood covered headstocks!
I'm having trouble keeping my hands off of her

The rosewood is VERY nice but I would like to have seen a matching headstock. I still love it.

~Bones
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

More pics, the clouds rolled in just as I got the camera ready and wanted to shoot some new pics.. grrr. Oh well, here they are anyway. Enjoy!!

~Bones

excuse my reflection

you can see the bass side of the bridge has already lost its "cosmo" finish. I wish they would just use black or chrome and do away with cosmo, it is about as nice as gold after it is handled and wiped enough times.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Congratz there mate, she looks sweet
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Super score!

Congrats on a great axe.

Tags
rga321 , rga321f , rga321fbx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode