Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD RV470 / R354

837 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  karci 
#1 ·
Hi guys, its been a long time since I visit the site... anyways wanted to share my new guitar (ibanez) in a long time... I went with it because of the "collectible" feeling and obviously the freaking GAS... My plan is to restore it as the original as close its possible so I took apart the guitar... but I've encountered a big HOLE on it... the guy who sold it to me told me that he had it paint it because the finish was coming off and he took the guitar to a known luthier (not the best one, but works Okay) but he did an awful thing to the guitar... instead of using the back cavity he drilled a hole on the top and hid it with the wooden pickguard...

I need your help on a couple of things:
1- can this freaking hole be restore?
2- does anybody know what pots and switchs uses?
3- where can i replace the pickguard? is it the same as the RG?
4- should i try to make as the original colors either the flame blue or the flame tobacco?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
1. needs gluing, routing, sanding and refinishing,
2. since it is HSH V8 S2 V7, Master volume / master tone / 5-way lever, probably RG standard
3. RG pickguard doesn't fit, and if it is backrouted it doesn't need one, but factory was transparent.
4. if you will do no.1 then you have to refinish it, so yes you can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.