NGD-S Classic Content - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

NGD-S Classic Content

I've gotten two new Ibanezs this week. A 1999 RG570 that I mentioned in another thread. It came with an Air Norton in the bridge, I moved that to the neck and a Breed in the bridge. It kills. About $235 Shipped.
I got the 2000 S Classic yesterday. It's looks stock. The pickups say 'Made In Japan on the bottom. According to the catalog, they should be a V1, V2 setup. Plays and sounds great. It's super light. The body is a little rough, but I only paid about $195 shipped. Both are Guitar Center scores. Two MIJ Ibanez for less than $440.

I might upgrade the pickups in the S Classic. I play mostly instrumental music that I record at home. I know what I like in RG's but not in a mahogany, 25" scale guitar. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: NGD-S Classic Content

Congrats...Breed got a nice sound and fits perfectly in the RG as you say. Happy NGD.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Reviews: 15

Crunchlab/Liquifire. I have these in my SZ720 which is like a cousin to your S Classic. It has a mahogany body (with a thin maple cap) and I love the sounds I get with the CL/LF setup.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 PM

Nice, I'd like ask as very little info is on the net about air norton usage on the bridge. How did it sound or what did it lack since you decided to change position?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertay View Post
Nice, I'd like ask as very little info is on the net about air norton usage on the bridge. How did it sound or what did it lack since you decided to change position?
It was very warm and had a 'vintage' vibe. Not bad at all, just lacked a little punch for me. But, I definitely could have lived with it and probably would have if I didn't have that Breed pickup sitting around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode