NGD S1XXV Nuke Greeeeen! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Talking NGD S1XXV Nuke Greeeeen!

This thing looks even better than I could have imagine!
It plays good but I need to play it a bit more and do a setup over the next few days as the neck settles in to the Florida weather.
Check out how all the Ibanez greens look side-by-side.

http://s878.photobucket.com/albums/a...S1XXV%20Green/

Enjot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Re: NGD S1XXV Nuke Greeeeen!

Very nice - Enjoy
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Fantastic on a scale of 1-10 how tempted are you to change the pickups for pink PAF Pros ?
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: NGD S1XXV Nuke Greeeeen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Fantastic on a scale of 1-10 how tempted are you to change the pickups for pink PAF Pros ?
I had not thought about pink???
I don't like the stock pickups, they don't kick hard in the cab like my EVO2, PAF Pro or Tone Zone.
They are lower output than I would have though, about 300ish on the Dimarzio scale as far as my ears can tell.
The bridge needs more bass and treble.
It's a little muddy, just a little.
The neck pickup is low in output still, I'd bet about 260ish and muddy.
The neck has okay attack, not good.
I don't care for the clean or dirty tones.
I've got another guitar coming that has a set of black EVO2 and EVO Neck, I should put those in the S1XXV.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM

Reviews: 11

NICE!!!!!!

Color's cool; Name's even better!
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 PM

Wow, that's pretty damn close to LNG, at least in the picture. How close do they look in real life?
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Reviews: 2

AWESOME!! congrats!!! My local guy has a couple of the 25th RG's in pink and yellow...sooooo juicy....BTW how many times have you played it in the dark to see the glow? LOL!!
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: NGD S1XXV Nuke Greeeeen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Wow, that's pretty damn close to LNG, at least in the picture. How close do they look in real life?
They look really close in color.
The hue is the same but the S1XXV is just a little more fluorescent.
You'd swear the LNG just aged and use to look like the s1XXV.

Oh, no black dots in the clear coat either.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Congrats!!! Can you comment on this vs the RG1XXV (quality/finish-wise)? I'm torn between the two haha
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

I'd get the S1XXV over the RG1XXV any day.
The finish is perfect on this S1XXV, no black dots like the RG1XXVs I saw at GC.
The neck is 3pc maple, not 5pc with the walnut sticking up, like the RG1XXVs I saw at GC.
Only some of the RG1XXVs will have that neck problem, I bet.
If you can play an RG1XXV before buying it, then you would know what quality the neck is or not.
The RG1XXVs seem to be hit and miss from what I've seen and read online.
The access to the 24th fret is much better on the S1XXV vs the RG1XXV.
I don't even have to change my grip on the neck at all to hit the 24trh fret on the S1XXV.
The S guitars with an AANJ and 24 frets have the best access ever to that 24th fret out of all the Ibanez guitars I've played.
The hardware is cooler, in my opinion. The S1XXV is cosmo and what I would call, aged silver on some of the parts. The neck bolt holes look good, paint wise.
I'm really happy with this guitar. I got it for $595 shipped at MF from their Leap Year Sale.
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Reviews: 2

Seems like a good price ...never dealt with them

Last edited by craigny; 03-07-2012 at 08:54 PM.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Very nice Sebastian... With all these great scores recently I think it is time for a family pic!?
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
I'd get the S1XXV over the RG1XXV any day..
Straight Indo over Premium? I sure wouldn't, not unless I just had to have an S.

Quote:
The finish is perfect on this S1XXV, no black dots like the RG1XXVs I saw at GC..
10 RG1's, 've seen 1 tine 1/2mm black dot on the back of one. If there's a batch out there that 2 of you have claimed to see, it's not the norm.

Quote:
The neck is 3pc maple, not 5pc with the walnut sticking up, like the RG1XXVs I saw at GC.
Only some of the RG1XXVs will have that neck problem, I bet.
If you can play an RG1XXV before buying it, then you would know what quality the neck is or not...
We already went through this, it was walnut grain. There are no "protruding" walnut strips and if you can prove to me there was I'll eat my hat [chocolate preferred]

Quote:
The RG1XXVs seem to be hit and miss from what I've seen and read online...
Rejection rate on the S's, 16%, rejection rate on the RG's, 10%. And how much neck shim did yours need to get even playable action? The only one I did so far needed a MONSTER shim to get the action right with free trem range.

Quote:
The access to the 24th fret is much better on the S1XXV vs the RG1XXV.
I don't even have to change my grip on the neck at all to hit the 24trh fret on the S1XXV.
The S guitars with an AANJ and 24 frets have the best access ever to that 24th fret out of all the Ibanez guitars I've played...
I'll give you the easier access but ask if anybody really has trouble hitting 24 on any AANJ RG?

Quote:
The hardware is cooler, in my opinion. The S1XXV is cosmo and what I would call, aged silver on some of the parts. The neck bolt holes look good, paint wise.
I'm really happy with this guitar. ..
The ZR is completely different than the EZ2 or any other knife edge trem, other than that the hardware on both is exactly the same.

Quote:
I got it for $595 shipped at MF from their Leap Year Sale.
[Rant On] I'm amazed how the majority will suckle the corporate teat of these warehouses where nobody gives a rats back side about what is actually in the boxes they just shuffle around, AND think they got such a great deal, when what they got was much less.

If everybody keeps sucking these corporate schlongs THERE WILL BE NO INDEPENDENT LOCAL STORES LEFT. Then where will you go to try out the gear you just end up ordering from the monopoly instead of supporting that store, that you probably could have gotten JUST AS GOOD A DEAL AT!

$580 + shipping, Every Day price, no sale, no hoops. Inspected, maintained, debugged, adjusted, tested, and packed right with bubble wrap and double boxes. And I'll bet you most dealers would do the same, but no, everybody thinks they're getting such a great deal at these warehouse sales they don't even ask. Well you got, less.

And please don't think I'm trying to say "buy from me", 'I'm buried in work, I have 1 of each S left, I really couldn't care. What I care about is the mentality that feeds the corporate asshats at the cost of every independent dealer in your area that would actually love the opportunity to serve you much better than some box shuffling label slappers who couldn't even tell you the difference between an S or an RG, and the suit wearing execs with their fat salaries you're all supporting.

Find and develop a relationship with your local dealer, and screw the warehouses. [Rant Off]
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM

Reviews: 21

Rich.
I have no clue as to who my local dealer is. Honestly, your prices and service being what they are I'm not surprised you're busy. Personally, I don't see guitars moving through the local SA as fast as you might think. At least not Ibanez's anyway.
All the same, Sebastian is entitled to his opinion.
My personal opinion is that, aside from awesome fretwork, Premiums are little better than my RG7321 which is why I harp on price. That's my opinion. I understand Ibanez's NEED for Premiums to do well but real players, and I suspect Sebastian is one, can see the Premiums for what they are.
That said I still think the 25th is a value.

BTW, killer guitar Sebastian!
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Vendor

Everybody has a right to their opinion, just as I have a right to rant on the warehouses.
You have a local store, but SA has probably beaten them down so far they're a shell now. But even SA and [as much as I hate to say it] GC, are far better than the warehouses.

I see premiums for what they are. I'm not sure what you're not seeing in them though, especially since you admit they have awesome fretwork which should alone make them far better than any standard Indo.

Tags
s1xxv fg green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode