NGD S2170SE - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Question NGD S2170SE

Hello,
I don't post here on Jemsite much, I guess because I didn't have an Ibanez. I just won a S2170SE on ****. I have played S540's, S470,s and have owed a JS1000 that I loved. What is the general concensus on the S2170? I was looking on the Ibanez forum and it was getting slammed? Please discuss.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Re: NGD S2170SE

Firstly Congratz on the new Ibanez, nice guitar that. Why was it getting slammed? Probably because of the ZR trem or pickups I'd guess. Bear in mind it's how the guitar plays and sounds to YOU that matters. I was always of the opinion that it's the player that makes the guitar not the other way around.

Remember to post pics of your new Ibby when you get it. Cheers!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

What is wrong with the ZR trem? I don't have any experience with those, plenty with OFR's though.

Scott
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Reviews: 11

Some don't like the ball bearings instead of knife points and the ZPS-system isn't everybodys cup of tea.. Oh, and the inferior trem arm socket, which brokes down very easily.. at least in the first version of zr. (i broke mine almost instantly after getting my s470, which has 1st version of zr.)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: NGD S2170SE

So far I'm loving my new S. I put a PAF Pro/Fred in and left the single. It sounds great. I wasn't sure how the Fred would sound, but it isn't bad at all. I have a Custom 5 that may go in if the Fred doesn't pan out, but so far I'm liking it. The ZR has been torn apart a few times and aside from the cheap trem bar collar. I love it. I took out the ZPS and replaced the trem bar collar with an OFR collar. That is an easy upgrade! The neck is great and I love the shape. Not too thin. My fave is a JS 1000 those necks are soooo nice. Anyhoo I'm rambling. That's all for now.

Scott
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 AM

Reviews: 10

I have an S2170FW with a wonderful burl poplar top. The neck is not 100% my taste, nor is the build quality. But somehow it's a very sweet sounding guitar for clean tones and light overdrive. Even unplugged the guitar resonates quite well. Maybe the huge ZR trem cavity does that, kinda like a semi-hollow, lol. I'm constantly torn between keeping it and letting it go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode