NGD - Seagull Entourage Rustic CW Q1 Acoustic / Electric - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 10
NGD - Seagull Entourage Rustic CW Q1 Acoustic / Electric

I've been longing for a quality acoustic for awhile but I had a limited budget of about $400 so I'd been trying out different acoustics at local music stores and on CL but I wasn't very happy with what I was finding in that price range - go figure...what did I expect for $400 ish.

I tried some Takamines, Yamahas, etc. but they didn't feel right or sound right or they had yucky action and/or intonation in the higher register of the fretboard (common on acoustics in this price range)...but then I stumbled upon Seagull guitars...I went into a local store that had a few Seagull acoustics and as soon as I played the Entourage Rustic CW Q1 I knew I had found a guitar I could fall for. Plus, I got it for less than the sticker price of $449.

I am actually blown away with how nice this guitar feels and sounds...and both the action and intonation are great - I can play chords high up on the neck that incorporate open strings and they actually sound good...and that is the setup right out of the box

I am so impressed with the quality and sound of this guitar for the price...really incredible value...and also extremely happy that I could buy a quality Canadian made instrument for this price and not something that was made in China or Korea or Indonesia...sooooo happy with what I came home with - way to go Seagull Guitars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:10 AM

Re: NGD - Seagull Entourage Rustic CW Q1 Acoustic / Electric

Congrats dude!

I too ended up with a Seagull. An Artist Series Cameo with some LR Baggs electronics installed.

But at the time I was looking at Taylors and other high end guitars. This thing, as soon as I played it, just sounded so amazing. Clarity, breadth, and the action it had made me buy it right there and then.

Seagull rules.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 AM

Nice! I nearly bought a Seagull years ago. I wound up with a Larrivee ... It was a bit more, but still in my budget. Pretty sure I spent around $600 with the case (this was in 1998 ). Larrivee are also Canadian. Both blew away everything else I played that was under $1000. The Martins under $1000 were offensive.

Last edited by lerxst6; 08-31-2012 at 11:15 PM.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:57 PM

Reviews: 2

Looks good...congrats to the new acoustic.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 AM

Cool - Godin makes a lot of good stuff. Score one for Canada.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Congratz on the new guitar Ron, very nice indeed. I've played one or two from that manufacturer before and yep, definitely great bang for your buck. That is certainly a quality looking instrument and glad to hear you are happy with it. Enjoy!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 PM

How are you liking this acoustic? I've been eyeing this same model, but in black.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHB View Post
How are you liking this acoustic? I've been eyeing this same model, but in black.
How am I loving this guitar...I would highly recommend buying one if you are looking to buy. I shop around and research and try out different guitars before I buy a guitar and this one stood out far and above the other models I tried that were under $1,000... I really am blown away with how nice this guitar feels and sounds...the action and intonation are great - I can play chords high up on the neck that incorporate open strings and they sound good...and that's the setup right out of the box...and for under $449...amazing value.

BUY ONE!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Congratz on the new guitar Ron, very nice indeed. I've played one or two from that manufacturer before and yep, definitely great bang for your buck. That is certainly a quality looking instrument and glad to hear you are happy with it. Enjoy!!!
Thanks Paul!!!

Tags
acoustic 6 string , seagull

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode