NGD: USA Custom - UCGR "Strung Out" - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: NGD: USA Custom - UCGR "Strung Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
had this poster on my wall as a kid.. I used to dream of having one.. I see yours has a maple neck in the poster..
I had the same poster above my bed! Sadly, it got thrown out at some point. I actually created a similar image to it as a computer background using Photoshop and pictures of my guitars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Cool, the C2 is a humbucker though. There are two wires on the bottom of the pup soldered together and taped up (both black). You have to run a jumper from these wires to the mini-switch for tapping.

Does yours sound like this?? and yes, that's Damien with my 760HP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdSsMfDNcc
I guess I knew that, but I think the reason that Ibanez wires them that way is that the output isn't that high, so splitting the coil could make the output really low. It almost sounds like that's what's going on with your guitar. If you roll way off the power on a pickup, it will get really trebly, which is why Jems and some higher end stuff have the treble bleed on the volume pot. I've never had an issue like that with a C2.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-20-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM

That is awesome J!!! Is that the one you were working on???

HS gotta love that!!!!

Nice!!!!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Thats the one I wanted, but I was a couple day late getting my funds in from another deal. Glad another Jemmer got it. Sweet Sweet Sweet!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
That is awesome J!!! Is that the one you were working on???

HS gotta love that!!!!

Nice!!!!
Haha actually no! I still have that one as well. This one just popped up and I snagged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Thats the one I wanted, but I was a couple day late getting my funds in from another deal. Glad another Jemmer got it. Sweet Sweet Sweet!
That's what I figured I was hoping you'd reply to this thread. I actually have two of these now, this being the nicer one. The other one is a player and I'll be selling it shortly, so hit me up if you're interested. I'll be selling that one for significantly less than I bought this one for.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

So by special request from the Penguin, here's both "Strung Outs" right next to eachother.

I never noticed before that one is greener than the other. The one I just got is on the bottom. They're both from the same model year, but the top one is an earlier guitar. It's interesting to see some of the subtle differences between the two, especially the slightly different paint.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-19-2014 at 07:43 PM.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM

I'll have the reverse pls. : ) I just imagine them melting into each other to make a double neck
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM

Reviews: 11

ha one even has a reverse headstock. thats just too cool man.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Reviews: 1

Never seen that one before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode