NGD!! What a steal! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Exclamation NGD!! What a steal!

After months of saving(never really had to save up for anything up until now but still, lol)
Got a great deal on her too! GC apparently loves to sell 7620s real cheap. 250$ to be exact!!
Check her out!

What does the "S" mean on the headstock??

A lot of edge chips which is ok for me. The frets are practically new and the neck is nice and straight. Only things that need to be done are set up and cleaning the pots(noisy).

I also have a question about 7 string trems since this is my first 7 string. When I got it this morning, I immediately tried tuning up to standard. I was assuming they loosened the strings when they shipped it but the trem kept going up and up till I just stopped and gave up.

What do 7 strings usually come with gauge-wise? I'm used to 10s on my Jem so I am thinking these must either be 11's or really loose springs. What do you guys think?? The claw is screwed in a lot(less than 1/4" left of space). If the strings that are on are 10s that probably means I need to buy an extra spring or two, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Re: NGD!! What a steal!

wow.. $250 is a great price..

I use Ernie ball's 7 Set of 10's with my 7620. No issues with it dipping.. Be sure to give your strings a proper stretch

I am not sure exactly where the springs are set on mine though...

I can check later.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Well I just got off the phone with the Manager at the GC that I bought it from. He's pretty sure that the guy that restrung it put on 11's. He isn't 100% sure since that guy wasn't in today. But I am going to buy a set of 10s and a set of new springs and just see what happens. I can always return the springs if I don't need them.

Also, I figured out what the "S" that was stamped on the back of my headstock meant. Apparently it stands for "Second" or "Used". I guess it has been through a couple of different resellers and some of them stamp it there to reduce the price/quality?

Either way. I couldn't less. Guitar is in better condition than I anticipated.

Now off to GC ~runs like Freakazoid~

Last edited by AmazinAzian12; 09-12-2011 at 02:58 PM.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinAzian12 View Post
Well I just got off the phone with the Manager at the GC that I bought it from. He's pretty sure that the guy that restrung it put on 11's. He isn't 100% sure since that guy wasn't in today. But I am going to buy a set of 10s and a set of new springs and just see what happens. I can always return the springs if I don't need them.

Also, I figured out what the "S" that was stamped on the back of my headstock meant. Apparently it stands for "Second" or "Used". I guess it has been through a couple of different resellers and some of them stamp it there to reduce the price/quality?

Either way. I could care less. Guitar is in better condition than I anticipated.

Now off to GC ~runs like Freakazoid~
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Fixed!! Jeeze

Also, It was strung with a set of 11's. So gonna have to return the springs i got. But anyways. Plays great. And was cheaper than my Chibanez!! Lol

Last edited by AmazinAzian12; 09-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Ha ha so true,but they 'couldn't care less' about speaking English and making sense.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 AM

The 'S' means second,yes.
If a new guitar is damaged or flawed on route from factory it will be re-checked or repaired and stamped.
Your guitar when new may have just got a minor paint chip etc,marked as second and sold at reduced cost.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
The 'S' means second,yes.
If a new guitar is damaged or flawed on route from factory it will be re-checked or repaired and stamped.
Your guitar when new may have just got a minor paint chip etc,marked as second and sold at reduced cost.
Yep...and while it's definitely a great guitar and I suppose definitions of what a "steal" is may vary, I've seen this guitar sell mint for $350 so getting a "second" with a significant amount of damage for $250 doesn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary. Guitar Center does often have great deals on stuff though, especially things that they don't know how to price
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Yep...and while it's definitely a great guitar and I suppose definitions of what a "steal" is may vary, I've seen this guitar sell mint for $350 so getting a "second" with a significant amount of damage for $250 doesn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary. Guitar Center does often have great deals on stuff though, especially things that they don't know how to price

They routinely sell for 500$ on ebay. 250$ is definitely a "good deal". Guitar center and other vendors suck at pricing used ibanez's... which is awesome for me

However, they sure do know how to price fenders and gibsons -.-
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:21 PM

Reviews: 18

Lucky. I want one of those so bad, but most sell for $350+. You got a swell deal. Congrats!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
I find it a great deal. I was looking at 7620's on the Bay for $350+ and they had conditions that were no better. A guy was looking for $500 for a somewhat good looking guitar in the front. but totally destroyed in the back and by the bottom strap button. Plus the frets were heavily used.

The day that auction closed this baby popped up on the GC used section. Bought it on the spot. Never looking back.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM

great price congrats
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Looks just like mine, scratches, chips and all. Mine cost $500 in Australia 3 years ago and it's a great player. The previous owner had put a block of wood in the trem cavity, when I took it out the trem took a major nose dive. It took a bit to balance it again but now it's in great shape and holds tune well, even after a string change. Using Ernie Ball 10's too. Love it.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:09 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpy View Post
Looks just like mine, scratches, chips and all. Mine cost $500 in Australia 3 years ago and it's a great player. The previous owner had put a block of wood in the trem cavity, when I took it out the trem took a major nose dive. It took a bit to balance it again but now it's in great shape and holds tune well, even after a string change. Using Ernie Ball 10's too. Love it.

lol yeah, the one I bought had damn near the same chips too! kinda funny!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:58 PM

I will visit that GC for sure. Which one is it?

Tags
7-string , 7620 , awesome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode