NGD x3!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
NGD x3!!!!!

This was never SUPPOSED to happen but, due to some alignment of the stars, two of my old guitars have come back to me and one very special guitar that was one of my personal "bucket list" guitars was sold to me by a VERY understanding friend......THANK YOU again Fire!!!

1993 Charvel Predator
When I was in high school Charvel guitars were THE guitars to have in my area. Of course, I was never going to own one.....not by a long shot. Come 30 years later it turns out that high school dream hadn't died. Not very long ago, FireEagle let me know he had an "old Charvel Predator". I don't think he was looking to sell it, but the timing was right for both of us. Fire had just bought his beautiful JS1200. (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f17/ng...le-135088.html) Showing me a little pity, He agreed to sell me the Predator but ONLY if I promised to keep it and care for it long into the future........I WILL. This really is one of my few childhood dreams that have come true........and it's a KICK_ASS guitar on top of it. The only thing I had to do was stabilize one of the stud anchors (FireEagle let me know about it LONG before letting me buy it). A quick setup and it was instantly transporting me back to the days of my youth.........I CANNOT put it down. It's 100% original..... You guys can judge the condition for yourself.

2000 RG550
My second NGD was a guitar that I'd thought was long gone. Too many times I've mentioned how some of my guitars had gone to one, or the other, of my sons. This 2000 RG550 was a complete project guitar that I'd bought in several pieces at different times. Both the body and the neck came from Swirltop. I'd bought them from him about a year apart...... fortunately they were original to each other. I'd finished putting all the necessary parts together late last November. A few days later, my son needed some help financing a move to another state. All I could do was give him the 550 to make a quick sale with. Sadly, this was probably the best playing and feeling "Partsanez" I'd done to date. Two weeks ago, Damien came back to live with my wife and I. This leads to the third NOGD (later). While surfing facebook last Saturday He happened to see that the guy that bought the 550 off him was selling it again. I really couldn't afford it, but couldn't let it go. We worked it out that I'd pay the same price he did 7 months ago. The Titan pickups I'd put in it were long gone. An EMG 81/85 set were in it. Fortunately, the guy left the injector neck model I'd put in. He included a brand new M100c case, something I never had for it. Anyway, I pulled the B/W/B pickguard and put on a brand new black mirror guard from Perle loaded with a Gravity Storm bridge, Injector middle (neck model), and a PAF pro from my '02 RGT3120. It's still a great sounding and feeling workhorse that's really nice to have back home.

2014 RG752 CBM
My third NGD was my first "major" purchase from Rich....... don't laugh at me dude, $1k is a butt load of money for me....

This is the RG752 that I've mentioned in the past, but never had in a picture. Again, this was a guitar that went to my son almost immediately after I got it. Some of you may remember that it was stolen last year only to be found by a Guitar Center employee with a good eye, a better memory, and the willingness to call the cops when in doubt. Two kids were trying to buy it off the guy that stole it. They brought it in to GC for an evaluation. This employee knew our 752 had been stolen. He called the cops and my son immediately. Long story short- we got the guitar back, albeit with a little damage. Now that my son is back in my house, so is the 752.......THIS is the basis of all my posts when I state that the new prestige RG series is a whole new beast from all the 2003-2013 guitars.

Anyway, Thanks Rich! It's been a long road, but this guitar is home where it belongs.............for now at least.

.....and a couple pics of the three together at home.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 08:54 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: NGD x3!!!!!

Oh mate, congratulations on all the reunions and youthful wishes being fulfilled! What an awesome collection right there!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Oh mate, congratulations on all the reunions and youthful wishes being fulfilled! What an awesome collection right there!
Thanks Bro!!!

Thank God I have my friends to back me up when I make these stupid, but highly fulfilling, decisions.....

All these guitars AND my son back under the roof had been exceptionally nice. Maybe 2015 won't suck as bad as the many years previous.....
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:05 PM

I hope 2015 turns out to be a good year for you too. I hope mine turns around too. Too many crappy years, and this one could take the cake!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I hope 2015 turns out to be a good year for you too. I hope mine turns around too. Too many crappy years, and this one could take the cake!
I don't know if it will work for you, but I find that a massive dose new guitars is good medicine....
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I don't know if it will work for you, but I find that a massive dose new guitars is good medicine....
That requires the massive dose of money too!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Glad you are happy with the little Charvel! It's tough for me to sell a guitar, but knowing it was going to a good home made it a lot easier. I was amazed at how "easy" it is to play.. just a super comfortable guitar that also happens to kick @ss.

That 550 is SWEET, but mean looking too. I got to play one for the first time last week... an early teal colored one that the local guitar tech just bought in pieces and put together. Now I see what all the fuss is about! That neck is FAST!

How cool is that... two of your old guitars made it back home to you!

Last edited by FireEagle; 05-26-2015 at 09:50 PM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 PM

Reviews: 1

Wow! What a day. Is it karma? Have you done any good deeds lately? I call that being on a roll. Congrats on your new acquisitions.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 10:10 PM

OMFG, that is amazing, that Predator is bad*ss!! Congrats man!!! I mean the IBBY's are nice wow, that Predator is cool!!!!

Way to go getting the guitar back that was stolen, sometimes knowing your GC too well is a good thing!!!

Having your boy back in the house though could be the coolest NBD!!!!

Contgrats man, I know how hard you work at keeping it all together, about time it worked in your favor.

Last edited by satchmo72; 05-26-2015 at 10:37 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Vendor

Dude, seriously? How did I miss it got stolen?! And your first "major" purchase you give to your son right away?!?! [if he's anything like mine he just took it into his room without asking and that's the last you saw of it!]
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Thanks Bro!!!

Thank God I have my friends to back me up when I make these stupid, but highly fulfilling, decisions.....

All these guitars AND my son back under the roof had been exceptionally nice. Maybe 2015 won't suck as bad as the many years previous.....
I wouldn't call them stupid, just highly fulfilling.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 10:25 PM

That's one hell of an awesome NGD day!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 07:43 AM

Nice one, Ryc. The smoked mirrored guard is a really nice touch on the 550. I've seen that look before but never with a maple board. Seems like something that should have been offered a long time ago!

What's the practical difference between a 752 and a 7620 or is it basically the same guitar?
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 07:56 AM
Banned

I like the blue 7-stringer man, congrats.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Nice one, Ryc. The smoked mirrored guard is a really nice touch on the 550. I've seen that look before but never with a maple board. Seems like something that should have been offered a long time ago!

What's the practical difference between a 752 and a 7620 or is it basically the same guitar?
It's the neck thats different, otherwise it's a 7620. The neck has the same feel as our old '08 1527. The matching headstock is a nice addition too, but not really important.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode