Nice neck for sale - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Nice neck for sale

Can you believe this...this is actually for sale. It does come with the body(fully intacted with electonics and Edge 3) I might pick it up for 100.00

Last edited by Watkins; 03-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Nice neck for sale

curious...how did that happen ???
ps OUCH !!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 PM

It looks like a kinda clean break. Fill it up with epoxy and sawdust, clamp it together, and you've got your self a RG350.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

I don't know how it happened...it's not mine. I'ts for sale , I like the idea of glueing it back together though.hahahaha. I have been looking around for bodies and necks to put together a project guitar, just for something to do. I came across this neck and just belly laughed till it hurt. I'll probably buy an unfinished RG body and I still don't know where to find a "new" RG neck.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Its for sale so that someone can fix it dude. Neck joint breaks like that are one of the most common and simplest repair jobs a tech will ever see. Easy to fix.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Never saw a broken neck, couldn't really imagine any integrity in it after some kind of attempt to fix it. But I suppose anything is possible.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkins View Post
Never saw a broken neck, couldn't really imagine any integrity in it after some kind of attempt to fix it. But I suppose anything is possible.
Most wood glues are actually stronger when dried than the wood surrounding them. All you need to do is make sure the glue is spread through the crack and its clamped correctly.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Let me ask you this then...I have seen alot of RG necks for sale on eeeebbbb and half of them say that there is a small hairline crack on the back of the neck near the two screws that go through the neck that hold the locking nut on. Should I be concerned with this crack and not buy it. The costs of the crack neck versions have been around 90.00 dollars.
One with no crack might be around 140.00. Of course the condition of the fretboard plays a part in the price as well. I want a good neck with good frets. I probably will have buy a new one.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkins View Post
Let me ask you this then...I have seen alot of RG necks for sale on eeeebbbb and half of them say that there is a small hairline crack on the back of the neck near the two screws that go through the neck that hold the locking nut on. Should I be concerned with this crack and not buy it. The costs of the crack neck versions have been around 90.00 dollars.
One with no crack might be around 140.00. Of course the condition of the fretboard plays a part in the price as well. I want a good neck with good frets. I probably will have buy a new one.
That crack IS something to be semi concerned about. BEcause the necks have no volute at the nut, they crack and flex over time. Likelihood is that nothing will go wrong, but I wouldn't trust them myself.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies...I'm gonna stay clear of less than perfect components.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM

Ah ****. That's hard to look at. >__<
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Reviews: 12

man they would of been better off dis-assembling the guitar and tossing neck and selling the rest of parts probably got $250 or more out of it that way.

As far as the post about necks. If ya be patient and watch it everyday you will eventually find a neck in decent shape for a decent price. I got a 1994 RG 550LTD neck with the sharktooth inlays good rosewood fingerboard and good frets for $103 with shipping in June or july. I have been looking every day since for another one, finally I just found a wizard profile neck with sharktooth inlays excellent rosewood fingerboard and fair frets for $85 with shipping. I have fretwire to do a refret so I am not concerned about the frets being worn.

Last edited by spudler_t; 03-27-2010 at 02:05 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

I have a question....Will the Wizard and Wizard II AANJ necks both fit into an AANJ RG Body? Also about the bridge...Floyd Rose Original vs Edge Pro: The availability of the Edge Pro seems to be limited, whereas the F.R.O. seems readily available. I have never had either of these bridges but have heard good things about both. I will need to make my bridge decision prior to purchasing the raw body so that I purchase the correct route to accomadate the bridge that I choose. Back to the neck issue. I have owned both Wizard and Wizard II necks. I like them both. I do want shark tooth inlays as they help me see where I'm at on the neck better than just dots.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Oh and heres' my RGT42DXFM with my new EVO II and Air Norton

http://pbckt.com/sm.dz0C
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Reviews: 12

yes they will both fit AANJ body's as long as they are both AANJ necks. You will probably have better luck finding a Wizard II profile neck. I see tons of them and some pretty cheap and alot with sharktooth inlays. Ok bridge to neck radius. The wizard II neck (USA I believe) is a 400mm radius where as the Wizard II (MIJ) and the Wizard profile necks are 430mm radius. so If you were to get a 430mm R neck you would want the Edge(430mm), Edge pro(430mm) or take and OFR and get the saddle shims to get the correct radius to match your neck. I believe even with the 400mm R neck you still may need to get the shims to get a perfect match because the OFR I read comes stock as a 355.6mm or 14" radius saddles. I got real lucky when I started I had no clue about radiused fiingerboards or saddles I just happen to have some people who were extra cool and explained what was what and sent me links on the info.
Oh I forgot one thing. On all of my necks the 2 MIJ Wizard's and the Wizard II when I installed the AANJ Wizard on my MIK body I had to drill 2 new holes in the neck the 2 closest to the headstock were about 1/8" off then when I took the Wizard II neck and installed it on a MIJ body I had to do the same thing and the funny thing is those 2 holes were off the exact amount but in the opposite direction. SO far I have only had to make new holes on the headstock side the body side have lined right up and keep my Inotation dead on.
I hope that helped and didn't confuse you. If ya have anymore questions feel free to shoot them my way I am more than happy to share what I have learned in my researching and trial and error projects.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode