NO! It's not a HUBCAP! It's a Resonator and it was FREE! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Cool NO! It's not a HUBCAP! It's a Resonator and it was FREE!

I won a Lebeda reso guitar at another internet forum. It's handmade in the Czech Republic by Jiri Lebeda and his master craftsmen.

Before this guitar arrived, I'd never even held a squareneck dobro before, let alone played one. This guitar is beautiful! How I lucked into this I'll never know.

The sound is sweet and powerful. I'm still a total beginner as a reso player, so I haven't been able to really dig into this enough to coax more than a few standard slide licks out of it. It seems louder than my martin HD-28 and that guitar is a cannon!

~Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: NO! It's not a HUBCAP! It's a Resonator and it was FREE!

Holy sh1t!! You could park a car under the strings!!!! LOL!!! Congrats man...looks like fun with a couple of drinks under your belt!!!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Beautiful guitar. I was looking more at the finish than the action. It looks like a piece of fine furniture, but yeah, is the nut supposed to be cut that high?

Congrats on the win.

Mike
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 AM

It's not supposed to be played like your average shred guitar!

Looks nice! And for free, you can't go wrong. Grats!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Slide guitar ftw (if you hadn't twigged it yet) Awesome piece of wood bro, i love Resonators, they just sound "HUGE"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM

Nice looking axe. Congrats!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 PM

I really like the wood, understated yet still beautiful. I've never played a square neck but the roundnecks i've played before had more or less a similar action to my Yamaha, so i guess you're supposed to use roundnecks like normal acoustics.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

A squareneck is played sitting down, or you can hang it from a long strap. Either way it's played with a short pedal steel bar with the left hand over the top. Most players use a thumb pick and 2 finger picks on the right index and middle. faster runs are played using right hand finger rolls, ala banjo style.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK View Post
Slide guitar ftw (if you hadn't twigged it yet) Awesome piece of wood bro, i love Resonators, they just sound "HUGE"

Oh, I "twigged it," I just wondered if the nut was really supposed to be THAT high. I got it now.

I saw a guy recently playing a National electric resonator that sounded just awesome. Blew me away with its bluesy-rock tone. It was thinner than a typical resonator but it also had a couple of pickups and the variety of good tones he could get out of that thing was amazing.

Tags
dobro , resonator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode