No More Guitars ? - What's next ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

No More Guitars ? - What's next ?

I have a big problem, I do not know what get guitar I will get next. There is nothing new that interest me. Any suggestions? I am searching for an Ibanez RGPR2 & 3 but no plans after that!
I'm looking for new guitars of interest. Used ones are usually not mint (I hate that) plus the inflated prices.
What is on your "wish list"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 02:27 AM

No More Guitars ?

Wait a minute. Did I understand everything correct???
You don't know what guitar would you buy next???
Is there any particular reason for buying a new guitar???

If not...
Why do you need to buy a guitar??? If you're a collector I can somehow understand you. But if you're a player, then why the hell can't you just be happy with the guitars you own now???

Please, correct me if understood something wrong!!!

OoDee
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 06:49 AM

No More Guitars ?

Quote:
Posted on 1:06 am on July 15, 2001
I have a big problem, I do not know what get guitar I will get next. There is nothing new that interest me. Any suggestions? I am searching for an Ibanez RGPR2 & 3 but no plans after that!
Why not ask this question after you find those two guitars? *It sounds like you have your work cut out for you right now.......

By the time you find the RGPR2 & 3 maybe Ibanez will be offering something you'll be interested in.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 11:24 AM

No More Guitars ?

Not wanting anything else? Not interested in anything else????? *UHHHH that doesn't make sense to me. *I can't grasp that concept. :biggrin:
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 11:31 AM

No More Guitars ?

Buy a Squire Standard Stratocaster and go nuts making it your project guitar. *Replace the inlays, the neck, the pickups, the bridge, the tuners, the pickguard, refinish, etc. *Just make it your own guitar. *That way you end up with what you want for less money than ordering a "custom" guitar and getting it 90% perfect.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 01:27 PM

Reviews: 3
No More Guitars ?

Go with the Squire idea, but start with a better base. *Maybe a Warmoth guitar... and pimp that up.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

No More Guitars ?

Ooooo...do I sense a negative attitude towards my question? I must be more of a collector than a player because I feel that you can never have enough guitars.
I have tried "project" guitars (seven of them) but they were only comsetic and nothing inoviative. I did make a copy of the 4 neck (x formation) of a guitar used by michael angelo (Nitro). Not very practical!
No offense to anyone but if I can afford more...why not?

I really was just interested in what was on your "wish list" ?

Geez, you would have thought that I had stated that Vai was joining Van Halen!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 03:51 PM

No More Guitars ?

Al, I think that what the guys are saying is that your situation is sort of the opposite to everyone elses.

The fact that you can afford more is fine, it just doesnt seem to make sense to want more but at the same time not know what you want.

If there is nothing that appeals to you...then dont buy another one at this point

Its like you want to produce your GAS without a reason. Just enjoy the ones you have, and when you find one you really want....go for it !

Me? There are many I would like... A Parker, a JPM , a 7 string...etc..:biggrin: *But I've let myself get too carried away recently, so I gotta wait...
Ill just enjoy my new adquisitions for the time being...

Julio

p.s- Got a bit carried away with the emoticons.....
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 04:16 PM
Vendor

No More Guitars ?

Al, like me, you seem to have an insatiable apetite for guitars. This is a good thing, especially when you can afford them. I'm always ready to buy a keeper, sometimes I get confused as to what I'm going after next. Sometimes pickins are good and too many choices get me flustered cause I want them all :biggrin: When pickins are slim, well, I just buy what's available :biggrin:
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

No More Guitars ?

I was hoping that Rich would give me some kind of support. I understand what you guys are saying but I come from the 80's when there were too many guitars and new improvements but I was lucky to be able to get one guitar a year back then! Even then, I would plan and save for a new guitar, buy it and when I was leaving the store I would spot my next guitar.
Getting a new guitar is such a rush and a high that will last for a few weeks. Eventually, I will usually have my eye on the next one (kinda like women...well for some guys). Should I seek help for this condition....well, maybe. Did I ever feel that I should have not bought a guitar just for the sake of getting a guitar...no. Will I ever stop...never!
Like Rich stated, I am going through a period when "pickins are slim".

BOTTOM LINE:
What new guitars are you guys interested in ?
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 05:18 PM
Vendor

No More Guitars ?

A cure hasn't been invented but there are steps to reduce the GAS. Stay out of music stores, stay away from Jemsite, and never come to my site!! :biggrin: To answer your question about *new* guitars, only DNA's have my interest right now. Just kept another. The new Ultra Jem has my curiosity, but as it's still on the drawing board I guess I'll just stick with DNA's (and many *older* models) for now :biggrin:
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 10:47 PM

No More Guitars ?

Ultra JEM?

Whassat?
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 10:54 PM
Vendor

No More Guitars ?

The proposed full blown limited edition *expensive* Jem with ALL the bells and whistles. SSV was telling our Texas comrades about. It's on one of the threads around here, I'm old, I can't remember which
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 12:48 AM

No More Guitars ?

After getting my first Ibanez guitar in a month (possibly an RG2020X or JEM 77 or 7V), I'll save up for either a Fender SRV or a semi-accoustic (a cherry ES335 most likely).

I tend to enjoy so much dreaming about what my next guitar should/would be!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 02:44 AM

No More Guitars ?

Quote:
big al: There is nothing new that interest me.
Dude... I just CAN'T believe it!

nuno

Tags
acoustic guitar , crystal planet , custom guitar , ebmm jpm , epiphone les paul , eric clapton , gibson les paul , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , john petrucci , les paul , les paul classic , music store , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , srv strat , strat plus , van halen , yjm strat , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode