Non Ibanez at NAMM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Non Ibanez at NAMM

Anyone find any non Ibanez stuff at Namm particularly interesting?
Looks like Fender has a new bound rosewood EJ strat available in3 custom colors only for the Rosewood EJ. , The PRS amps and Al Dimeola signature looks cool, and I'd be interested in hearing their new pickups. Harmony centrals Namm coverage seems to be lacking as far as guitar stuff goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Re: Non Ibanez at NAMM

Yup, the new Caparison TAT Specials seem very, very interesting. Like a cross between a TAT and Horus with a maple top.

I actually liked quite a bit of what I've seen so far from a lot of the different manufacturers. I'm sure the Mesa Mark V will be a hit, as well.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Those new Sterling By MusicMan guitars look REALLY promising. They're on the price point of about the PRS SE's apparently...and they use EBMM designed hardware. They're pretty close to the real thing per my net-buddy that's handling distro. They had them at the EBMM booth...they look pretty tight for the coin, and especially for the modders...They've got a JP, Axis and Silhouette on the guitar front. Waaaaaay better than the OLP's. Not too many pictures out there tho'.

I found these two pics per Bonerhead on HRI:

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

The Road Worn Fenders might be cool if you like the relic thing. Looks like they are MIM, but have a nitro finish and 6105 frets.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
The Road Worn Fenders might be cool if you like the relic thing. Looks like they are MIM, but have a nitro finish and 6105 frets.
I checked those out on my last trip to GC, and the relic part is not my thing, but they played real nice and the neck feels very comfy compared to the regular MIM. I guess the relic part "breaks" the neck in.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 02:22 PM

It's good to finally see a thread like this, I haven't really heard anything about NAMM this year.

The rosewood EJs look really cool, it's a shame that I'm a maple guy, as some of those colors look seriously nice.

Those sterlings might be worth looking into. The neck on that Silhouette in the JP picture looks like it'd be really comfortable.

As for the road worns, I think they're just a touch overpriced, maybe $100 or $200 less and I'd be on board in a heartbeat.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Vendor

All the EBMM's were absolute crap this year. Even the BFR's were terrible. That company has done a nosedive over the last 5 years.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Even the BFR's were terrible. That company has done a nosedive over the last 5 years.
The first release of the BFR's looked like they definitely had some finishing issues, but they do look like they've turned it around, because the tops look much more outstanding now.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Vendor

Being able to have a pretty top does not make for quality. It's all show, no go.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
All the EBMM's were absolute crap this year. Even the BFR's were terrible. That company has done a nosedive over the last 5 years.
crap? how so?

bad news, considering i put downpayment for a mystic dream fully loaded jp6 last week
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Vendor

Fretwork. In the same way Ibanez Prestige has gone south, EB went further. But, they'll be nice and shiney. All show, no go.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

I heard the show was pretty quiet this year. I think the average local store will be holding on to their checkbooks a little tighter this time around.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Okay the coolest guitars I found at NAMM were were called Zuni. I found the booth by accident downstairs by the food court after running around all day like a little kid in a candy store. I was chaffing and hungry and this little corner booth caught my eye. I spent an hour talking to these guys. Very nice guitars, I think even CID would approve. They were definately Les Paulish but the feel and design blew me away. Oh well, check them out here:

www.zuniguitars.com
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

I do approve.

Not sure if I like the body shape or not but they look nice, and knobs and plastic parts being made from deer doesnt hurt.

Too bad they dont come with real Dimarzios.

What were the prices like for those?

Last edited by elcid; 01-20-2009 at 08:21 PM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Gee I dunno - guitars like those seem like they try to think of anything possible to charge more for 'em - deer knobs? Add $500, handcrafted emblem on the headstock? Add $500. etc. etc. I value looks to a point, but after a while I just want them to strip all that stuff off and knock $3000 off the price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode