Noob needs Ideas - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Noob needs Ideas Archtop FR

Ok people this is only kinda Ibanez related. The Prestige S has got me thinkin and is the closest to my dream guitar but Im lookin for other ideas. Im after an archtop with a Floyd, anyone know any? I know ESP has an arched Horizon but only on the UK market, and some other dude asked some where in this forum about the Schecter C-1 FR but got like no response. Also I think Dean has an arched Vendetta but its got horrid eye inlays. Anyone know of any other models out there????

Last edited by Neuronic Cognativity; 02-11-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Dee

Re: Noob needs Ideas

Order an Edwards from Ishibashi Web Shop in Japan. They do a very nice archtop with a floyd, in fact someone on this forum bought one recently and it looked amazing for the money. Do a search on Edwards guitars, it'll come up.

Last edited by Dee; 02-11-2007 at 09:12 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 AM

That site is great, especially
Guitar and Base
-The height of abumdant lineups and quality is popular

and
Amplifier and effector
- Uniting of easiness to use and high quality sound.

I know its not an english language site, but I always find it interesting how sentences are structured when spoken or wreitten by a non english speaking person.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 12:13 PM

Yes, great site indeed. . . Although, if you're REALLY looking for the ultimate archtop floyd, if you have $8,000 or so lying around the Schon Les Paul is the baddest around. . .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Reviews: 6

^^^^^
I've always wanted a look at one of those. Do you have one? If so pics would be awesome!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Order an Edwards from Ishibashi Web Shop in Japan. They do a very nice archtop with a floyd, in fact someone on this forum bought one recently and it looked amazing for the money. Do a search on Edwards guitars, it'll come up.

That looks great!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Dee

I agree, I really would like one of those. They do a flame top too.

Oh, and I found the thread again. This one is the red flame top version which King Knall bought.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57959
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

Cant wait for those pictures......
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Ok first of all thanks for the responses comin' in so far, keep em comin'. Second of all I guess my thoughts are being confirmed that with the exception of the one Schon LP (which isn't quite what I had in mind) there is nothing on the domestic market. Thridly the literature out there is a little sketchy but it appears as though the Edwards are a step below ESP in quality/price is this true? cause I found this that again is gettin real close to my dream http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3284.htm And fourthly none if your guys on this Ibanez forum are recomending the Prestige S yet? Whats with that.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Dee

Personally I wouldn't recommend a Korean made Ibanez. Some will disagree and say they are great, but I prefer Japanese Ibanez stuff because it seems a little more consistent.

Edwards are indeed a step below ESP, but that shouldn't be surprising as ESP are flawlessly built and cost a small fortune. Most people will tell you that Edwards are at least as good as Prestige (Japanese) Ibanez, if not better, in terms of quality. You get one hell of a guitar for the money, I know that much. Ebony boards, 9-piece necks (on some, not all), name brand pickups, proper Floyd, and great quality wood. I'd say they're outstanding regardless of price.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 AM

I must say those Edwards guitars do look very nice, especially considering the price! And theyre got real floyd's on them too (as opposed to the licenced once on guitars of that price).+ real SD pickups. All for about £450 - thats not bad at all!

Tags
ebony board , ebony boards , edwards guitars , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ideas on how to deal with problem neighbours

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode