Noodles - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Noodles

Just curious? Most Ibanez endorsees are virtuosos or at least cutting edge. Is Noodles in this category? Why did he get a signature model? Of course if they think it will sell and this is a good market, absolutely. Any comments...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Noodles

Probably just a guy who is a niche in a market, he's been using Ibanez for years and has made some fantastic pop punk tunes I've never seen many pop-punkers using the JEM on MTV recently
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 PM

theres pics of Paul Gilbert using the Noodles sig models.
I personaly think the noodles guitar is pretty lame though.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:27 PM

It's butt-ugly, but The Offspring have tons and tons of hits-that's probably why he got the endorsement deal.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
theres pics of Paul Gilbert using the Noodles sig models.
I personaly think the noodles guitar is pretty lame though.
Nope, there are pictures of Paul Gilbert using an Ibanez Talman which the NDM is based off.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Probably just a guy who is a niche in a market, he's been using Ibanez for years and has made some fantastic pop punk tunes I've never seen many pop-punkers using the JEM on MTV recently
I know that! Actually, when was the last time you watched a video on MTV?

It's just weird to see that they still produce his model.

If I was in a punk band or any other band for that matter, I will\would play the guitars that I like. Every typical pop\punk band you see now either has a black or sunburst Gibson (non-Les Paul) or non-Strat Fender model.

I can't wait to get a VSK and play a Zepplin song on stage with that!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM

i think ibanez endorsement deal covered all styles and all kind of people, from zero to hero.
but, yes, the noddle signature model is pretty ugly, same as daron malakian model. But , don't you think that ibanez signature models get boring every year?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:02 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcard71 View Post
I can't wait to get a VSK and play a Zepplin song on stage with that!
Now that would be awesome!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roryrockslinda View Post
Nope, there are pictures of Paul Gilbert using an Ibanez Talman which the NDM is based off.
Talmans rule!!!

Here's my baby, one of the Japanese models with Super 58 pickups, alder body and real Bigsby.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 AM

Reviews: 21

Noodles is still in the public eye, either on video, on stage, or in magazine adverts. Someone's skill level shouldn't affect whether or not they're endorsed by a given company. There are LOTS of non-shredding guitar players I like. Andy Summers, Doug Gilmour, Page Hamilton, Tim Mahoney (well, Tim CAN play if he wants to I think). Shred isn't the end-all be-all. :P
I like that Ibanez endorses a broad variety of artists.
And I watch videos on youtube frequently!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 AM

I don't know why everybody hates the Noodles signaure.

Whether it's a cheaper, lower end guitar or not, IMO I think it looks good, and I would consider buying one.
Also, Noodles was my favorite player as a kid. (Before I was introduced to Steve Vai which completely changed my musical tastes).
I still like to put on an Offspring CD every once in a while, they got some great tunes.

-Sean
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
I don't know why everybody hates the Noodles signaure.

Whether it's a cheaper, lower end guitar or not, IMO I think it looks good, and I would consider buying one.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I'm not too into that 60s surf guitar retro look like the Talman - and therefore the Noodles (I think there's a thread somewhere that I called it a toilet with a neck on it, which has more to say about how I feel about the shape than the shape itself), but that's just my opinion, and if everyone thought the way I did on eveything the world would be pretty f'ed up. I do like the headstock on them and have been trying to acquire a Japanese Talman neck. I do also recall seeing a pic of Tom Morello with a Talman that I think had lipstick pickups, an Edge, and cool racing stripes, that one did appeal to me a bit.

Plus, I think think on this particular website you're not going to find nearly as much love for those style guitars.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Reviews: 1

Few years back he had a duct tape model, wrapped in duct tape. Looked pretty cool, compared to whatever he got now

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I'm not too into that 60s surf guitar retro look like the Talman - and therefore the Noodles (I think there's a thread somewhere that I called it a toilet with a neck on it, which has more to say about how I feel about the shape than the shape itself), but that's just my opinion, and if everyone thought the way I did on eveything the world would be pretty f'ed up. I do like the headstock on them and have been trying to acquire a Japanese Talman neck. I do also recall seeing a pic of Tom Morello with a Talman that I think had lipstick pickups, an Edge, and cool racing stripes, that one did appeal to me a bit.

Plus, I think think on this particular website you're not going to find nearly as much love for those style guitars.
yeah Tom Morello did have some weird talmin thing. it was like green, red and white I think? I've only seen pics of it once or twice.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixomwhat View Post
yeah Tom Morello did have some weird talmin thing. it was like green, red and white I think? I've only seen pics of it once or twice.
Yea, Tom did. (I obsess over his setup, lol.) That was one of the ones he used in RATM. All Tom uses now is his strat and Les Paul... Kinda lame. I dont really care for his new music.

But as for the noodles guitar, I really don't care for it at all... looks lame, and plays lame to me.

Tags
alder body , andy summers , guitar players , ibanez talman , les paul , paul gilbert , steve vai , tom morello

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode