Is this normal? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Is this normal?

Good night everyone.

I have an RG2077XL Prestige, and I sent the guitar to the dealer to tune it on B (I don't have any experience with floyd rose tuning). When the guitar came back from the dealer, I noticed that she had some marks on the lateral binding. First I thought it was only dirty, but when I figured I couldn't clean it, I went desperate. The paint can't be turning old, because the guitar has only 2 months.
Can anyone tell me what is this problem?

If you look closer you can see spots like the one I marked all over the lateral binding (except the horizontal part close to the neck pu, wich is clean). Just save the image and zoom it.

Can anyone help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 PM

Re: Is this normal?

I can't see any imperfections, nice guitar by the way.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 PM

I'll tell you this right now. I own an RG7CT, arguebly the best 7 string built (only 24 to 48 made). That thing has battle scars up the ass (the biggest one from me on stage), and plays and sounds just as good as the first day i got her.

It's like this. Are you gunna buy a ferrari and leave it in the garage till the day you die and stare at it? Or you gunna take it out, and enjoy it? Remember you dont live forever, get your money's worth and play that f*cker, do shows in a band, and play it to it's full potential.

In my opinion your really just buggin out and flippin for no reason.

BTW beautiful guitar. But when i see a few bruises on it, i'll really give it the respect it deserves.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
I can't see any imperfections,
+1 .... but nice guitar though
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Neither can I?

Regards

André

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 AM

Can't see anything but congratz on the guitar!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 08:02 AM

I'd definitely say that scars and scratches give a guitar it's character. That's why I've decided not to flog any of my guitars any more. I like them too much and I've left my mark on them. For example my RG321's bridge and control knobs have oxidized/tarnished (don't know what you'd call what happens to it but y'know, generally reacted from my sweat) and the matte finish has gone glossy where my palm goes. Hopefully I'll still use it for gigs till it gets scratches on it.

I don't like buying second hand guitars much because they haven't been worn in by myself. It's what gives guitars that personal touch.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
I can't see any imperfections.
+2. Great guitar! Congrats!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepsis311
I'll tell you this right now. I own an RG7CT, arguebly the best 7 string built (only 24 to 48 made). That thing has battle scars up the ass (the biggest one from me on stage), and plays and sounds just as good as the first day i got her.

It's like this. Are you gunna buy a ferrari and leave it in the garage till the day you die and stare at it? Or you gunna take it out, and enjoy it? Remember you dont live forever, get your money's worth and play that f*cker, do shows in a band, and play it to it's full potential.

In my opinion your really just buggin out and flippin for no reason.

BTW beautiful guitar. But when i see a few bruises on it, i'll really give it the respect it deserves.

guitar are meant to be played. i love my rgt3120, and like to keep the miles off of it with my rg520qs, but even it as some battle damage. i still play the $#!+ out of it when i pick it up. it only get a little bit of reprieve because of the price tag.

rich
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM

Can't see a thing either. On one hand, I could ask for a better picture, a closeup of what you're talking about...

...but on the other, as I'm like the 5th guy to say this, I'd say it's probably not worth worrying about.

(oh, and you should see my pwh, lol. Looks like it's been to hell and back, but sounds and plays like a dream)

Tags
beautiful guitar , control knobs , floyd rose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode