North Hollywood Custom Shop - ??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

North Hollywood Custom Shop - ???

Hey forumites!!

I read the Ibanez USA guitar history and it read that the "custom shop" still exists in N. Hollywood.

Does anyone know how to contact them and what about the inventors of the PBC neck, wildwood guitars??

I am heading to California for the first time on vacation this summer and would really like to take a tour of these places!! I am a die hard Ibanez head... Its in the blood ya know.... or should i say its in my "DNA" *

thanks for the help

Scott

Play loud and God Bless!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 02:37 AM

North Hollywood Custom Shop

V- there's good news and bad news.

Good news: *The L.A.C.S. does still exist and builds wickedly awesome guitars.

Bad news: *Unless you're an Ibanez endorsee, you're not going to get one from there.

The best directions to the L.A.C.S. are the same as those to Carnigie Hall: *practice, practice, practice*
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Kevin,

practice, practice, practice??

I thought the best way was to bribe your way there??LOL

Ya, i would like to scoop up a guitar from them. But i really just want a tour. and maybe to walk out of there with some cool memorabilia, like a screwed up neck or something...

thanks for the reply...

Scott
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 03:02 AM

Scott- I'm gonna guess here, but I'll ask some friends that have been to the LACS-

HIGHLY OVER-RATED. *Much like Hoshino in PA, I'm sure the LACS is a few offices, several phones and a small, but complete, wood-working shop in the back. *I don't think it's this huge crystal palace everyone makes it out to be in their minds.

When I went thru Hoshino, I was expecting Satch to pop his head out of a huge jam space in the back and say "Hey! *join us for a song or two with this spare Crystal Planet here...". *Instead, that "jam space" was a lunch room with 6 chairs and a fridge. * The place is basically a big ol' warehouse....with drums. *Lots and lots of drums (Tama). *Sure, they have the little conference room with LNG #1 and a few other badass guitars, but...that's really it. *there's nothing more to see. *Concrete-floored building with cool people who work in it.

Wait- that's not entirely true. *Outside of Jim Donahue's office was an AX body laying in a pile of other severely twisted guitar body parts. *It had a 4"x4" square chunk taken out of the body...right by the edge of the tailpiece. *I was going to ask him why, but since my CST was still in Jim's office, I didn't risk it. *
:biggrin:
You'll have more fun checking out the guitars/custom jobs/collections of the folks here on the Forum. *Come to Jemfest and you'll see a few of them in person! *(www.jemfest.com) *Trust me- it's much better than walking past row after row after row of drums.

Oh- and there is no "memoribilia" per se. *Maybe an Ibanez t-shirt, or the cool LACS ones that were at Jemfest last year...certainly not any part of a neck. *
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 08:57 AM

Actually..i want to ask

do those "Ibanez endorsees" need to pay when they ask for a new custom guitar from Ibanez?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:45 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
do those "Ibanez endorsees" need to pay when they ask for a new custom guitar from Ibanez?
I'm not aware of any Ibanez Endorser that pays for an Ibanez guitar. Obviously you would expect a free guitar or two for the endorsement... glen

Tags
crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , guitar body , jim donahue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode