Not sure what to buy now. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Not sure what to buy now.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/ibanez1...ont_be_a_prick

Since kurosawa sold out of the first one, I'm not sure what I'm going to buy. I thought he might export them but the sales rep decided to ignore me after the second email.

My requirements are:
* Maple or ebony fingerboard
* Flame or quilted maple top
* Two humbuckers (Prefer no middle single coil, but will accept)
* black hardware
* wizard neck
* direct mounted pups - no plastic binding

I'm thinking about alternatives:
rg8670
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/guitar.../rg8670tv.html

Cons: chrome hardware, tree of life

Pros:
wizard neck
Ebony+ flame binding
flame maple/mahogany
5pc neck

rg8570
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/guitar...rg8570mtb.html

Cons: neck is too thick

Pros:
Maple fingerboard = bright sound
flame maple/mahogany
Black hardware
5pc neck

The 8570 would be perfect if it had a wizard neck. I'm not familiar with the neck dimensions it has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:19 AM

What's with the first url? it appears to have a 'subliminal' message in it
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Yep. Here's another one:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/guitar..._a_Wizard_Neck

Guys, what should I buy?

I don't know what to get at this point. I'm sick of my beat up old jackson with it's clunky neck joint and only 22 frets. On the other hand, I'm not gonna buy the first cool guitar I see.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 11:21 AM

the guitars seem fairly similar. aside from neck profile and the fingerboard inlays (the fingerboard material is different too but you stated you would take either maple or ebony). If you favor the wizard neck over a thicker neck, then I would say buy the 8670. the tree of life isn't as important.. it's mostly just looks and it may even grow on you. If you sacrifice the neck profile to get dot inlays buy buying the 8570
(plus the hardware isn't exactly black.. it's just a darker chrome), you may really dislike the way it plays... then it was a waste of money... cosmetics are important.. but it's really what you think plays the best that counts.

I will say, however, that the neck thickness of the 8570 is almost exacly the same as my 8527 7-string. the 8570 is only .5mm thicker than the 8527. The 8527 plays spectacularly. very fast, very smooth. the thickness takes a little bit of getting used to. But, I have both an 8527 with that neck and a 3120 with a wizard, and I can play them interchangibly with no problem. something to think about. good luck with your search
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 12:43 PM

WOW I LOVE that RG8570, can you get them in the UK? Does anyone know what they retail at? That blue with the maple fingerboard is AWESOME!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion
WOW I LOVE that RG8570, can you get them in the UK? Does anyone know what they retail at? That blue with the maple fingerboard is AWESOME!
Yeah! www.guitarampkeyboard.com they sell the Ibanez RG8570 and the RG8670, and the new high end prestige series (RG3270 etc.)

Tags
chrome hardware , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fingerboard , flame maple , maple fingerboard , neck dimensions , neck joint , quilted maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode