NTD (New Taylor Day): Cocobolo goodness. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up NTD (New Taylor Day): Cocobolo goodness.

To commemorate the +1 in the family, I had to get an acoustic that lasts a lifetime - I haven't had an acoustic in ages, and I like the idea of having an instrument that matures over time.

After a fantastic online sales experience with Bruce Beard @ Wildwood Guitars in Colorado (he play-tested each model I was interested in and accommodated the guitar's shipping to my schedule), here it is: my Taylor GA-LTD Cocobolo 2011 Fall Limited ("Coco").

I was floored when I opened the case, this is a breathtaking instrument - and it sounds absolutely divine. The sapwood cocobolo patches alone made me fall for it. It has a very clear, bell-like tone, not an overly loud guitar yet articulate. The folks at Taylor called this model a "lap piano", and I start to understand where that statement comes from.

Enough fuss, pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Re: NTD (New Taylor Day): Cocobolo goodness.

WOW! That is an absolutely amazing acoustic guitar. I really need to get me something like that one of these days. Loving the analogy of the lap piano. I've played some acoustics before that had such qualities and it is most certainly divine. There is nothing like a well made stringed instrument.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 PM

That is a guitar that I would absolutely love to hear. I can only imagine.

Wow
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 12:11 AM

Reviews: 4

I was killing time in a Guitar Center a few months back and stumbled into the "expensive corner" of the acoustic room.

I looked at one (IIRC, a Martin) and immediately thought "There's no way any acoustic is worth over $3000.

I was wrong. Dead wrong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
I looked at one (IIRC, a Martin) and immediately thought "There's no way any acoustic is worth over $3000.
I was wrong. Dead wrong.
Perfectly describes my eye opening experience. I had an even stronger one when testing out ukuleles...another instrument where already a change to descent strings make a world of a difference.

Now I just have to bring my finger picking up to the level to deserve such a beauty ;(.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM

If I could buy any acoustic it would be that guitar I played one at the Taylor road show and it was hands down the best feeling sounding and looking acoustic I've ever played great choice it's a beauty!

Tags
cocobolo , fall 2011 ltd , taylor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode