Officially hitting the shelves - Charvel EVH - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Officially hitting the shelves - Charvel EVH

i guess they have been in planning for awhile as they are already shipping out - the new production model Charvel EVH replicas that are just like the ART series Ed is selling. $2200 is the price i heard and there are pics on Charvels webiste if you haven't seen them yet.
i still think you could buy the same parts and stripe it yourself for around $500 and achieve the SAME instrument. thanks Ed .
http://charvel.com/

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:13 AM

After you stripe the guitar then Ed can sue your ass ! 2200 $ what a joke, the ART series are only 500 $ more at Matt's Music.

Regards

André

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:50 PM

and if you DIY, you can choose something other than Basswood, and have other pickup options.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 07:50 PM

Re: Officially hitting the shelves - Charvel EVH

Yeah charvel is owned by fender now which owns jackson as well. I checked out the jackson site and there custom shop prices are outrageous! You could build the same instrument from warmoth for around a thousand! The estimate was around 3300 or something. I dunno if fender is trying to buy out all there competition and put their prices through the roof to sell more but all i could do was bust out laughing when they wanted 3300 dollars for a custom shop axe. Go figure.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
Yeah charvel is owned by fender now which owns jackson as well. I checked out the jackson site and there custom shop prices are outrageous! You could build the same instrument from warmoth for around a thousand! The estimate was around 3300 or something. I dunno if fender is trying to buy out all there competition and put their prices through the roof to sell more but all i could do was bust out laughing when they wanted 3300 dollars for a custom shop axe. Go figure.
next thing u know gibson will be buying ibanez, so they can own the other half of the competition lol hell i don't think thats even possible hahahaha
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
next thing u know gibson will be buying ibanez, so they can own the other half of the competition lol hell i don't think thats even possible hahahaha

There goes the rest of the QC Team......hehe
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 08:35 PM

Gibson charging 3,000 for a dbk, that is all we need.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 PM

OMFG $2200 for a Chravel EVH..

It looks cool, but not THAT cool...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Yay where do I signup for a guitar with only one pickup and a trem that only goes down :-s
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Thumbs down Re: Officially hitting the shelves - Charvel EVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter
Yay where do I signup for a guitar with only one pickup and a trem that only goes down :-s
Yeah i agree, this guitar does lack some versatility. At least the Wolfgang had two humbuckers :-/ . They could also wait and get a pantent with tremol-no and make the floyd recessed but also lockable. I guess they are just trying to make a reproduction of the classic EVH guitar. Here's a theory for Fender/Charvel: Eddie doesn't look like he used to in the 80's............neither should his guitar.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
Yeah i agree, this guitar does lack some versatility. At least the Wolfgang had two humbuckers :-/ . They could also wait and get a pantent with tremol-no and make the floyd recessed but also lockable. I guess they are just trying to make a reproduction of the classic EVH guitar. Here's a theory for Fender/Charvel: Eddie doesn't look like he used to in the 80's............neither should his guitar.

The tremolo is a very specific eddie van halen thing. He hates floating tremolos because of the loss of tone. If youve ever seen an older floyd guitar without a trem route set it up floating and then flush against the body. the difference in sustain is shocking. Even with my pos exp wolfgang I get more sustain than a high end rg or jem, only because the bridge doesnt float
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:22 AM

The wolfgang was a much much nicer guitar.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 07:31 AM

Wow. Charvel has changed since last I looked at them. I have a 1989 USA Custom that cost me $650 in '89, and that was built to my specs. Now they want $2,000+ for a Charvel that's not even a custom? I don't think so.

-R
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 01:02 PM

my pockets dont go that deep LOL
$2200.00 for a guitar that probably cost 400.00 to make
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 11:09 AM

That's another guitar I,d like have, and another company thats charging to much for what it's worth..............

Tags
charvel evh , custom shop , eddie van halen , floating tremolo , production model , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode