OH LORD SAY IT AINT SO! - well i suppose its ok... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2002, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
OH LORD SAY IT AINT SO! - well i suppose its ok...

I think i'm becomeing an RG guy *USA, J-CUSTOM etc."... When ive ALWAYS been a JS guy...

I've never played one but i want a USRG-30 or the RGT3120. I don't know what my heart will be set on at the end of the summer when I will be purchasing but, I'f im inlove with the way my JS neck feels would the ultra neck or the T3120 feel better to me than the USRG-30? I know its all personal opinion but which is closer in specs? *if you force me to do some homework to find out then i guess thats what i gotta do*

last question, How much would a USRG-30 go for normally? THANKS GUYS! I have to be a nusence *sorry*

JR

*BTW* I personally dont care for the Wizzard neck much, *well whatever is on my '89 S-540.. hey its late, im tired... :biggrin:* :yawn:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2002, 08:14 AM

OH LORD SAY IT AINT SO!

Hey, welcome to the club! I was always a JPM-guy until I discovered USA & J-Customs.

It's hard to say at this point about the RGT's neck profile (since very few people have had a chance to really touch it). I thought, however, that it was supposed to have a thicker Ultra profile, much like the Ultra profile on the old USA Customs. I believe it's not supposed to be the Wizard that's on the curent RG3120's.

Generally USRG's were going for $700-800, but recently I've seen a few super-clean ones selling in the $900's on e-bay. I've seen fewer of them up for sale recently, so I'm sure that doesn't help the cause. I had a USRG30TP for a while--killer guitar, and I keep kicking myself for having sold it.

--B
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2002, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
OH LORD SAY IT AINT SO!

OK OK OK, I guess I will do some reserarh to find out what neck the USRG30 has and its dimensions *all though *im sure some of you branieacs here could tell me withought thinking!*

I think, If im gonna be spending 800 dollars on a 30 i'd wrathher give up the neck through so i can either:

1) Customize my S-540 with a new paint job *maby a new neck* and all new electronics and some new hardwhere.

2) Buy a new or used Prestige or double edge S model.

I know its nothing compared to what most of you guys have here, but wouldnt a JS1000WH, USRG30TB or BT, S1220WNF, and a S-540 *electric blue i think* look GREAT on a well togeather? :biggrin: Well say hello to a newly born collector.. man... this is a BAAAAD thing to happen. Bad Bad Bad.

JR
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 11:44 PM

Reviews: 2
OH LORD SAY IT AINT SO!

The specs for the USRG are on jemsite. I own a 30, and I also had a nice S540FM, and I'll tell you this: the neck on the 30 beats the crap out of most guitars, and definitely the 540. *As far a dimensions and all that, it's wider than the 540, and thicker, and the string spacing is more comfortable. It just has an all-around more solid feel. The sound seems to be a lot more balanced and smooth, and the tone spectrum is pretty wide. Hmmm.... what else? Oh, I paid $715 for mine. The store owner wanted $850, but it had sat in there for about 6 years, so I managed to talked him down a bit I haven't many ibanez sigs, but I do really like the USRG, and I haven't had as many problems with setup, and playbility as I had with the 540. My only complaint so far is that the volume pot has since taken a crap, but that's what you get with used gear, and all things considered, is a minor thing anyways. Good hunting, and by all means, try to give one of these things a good home. They're a lot of fun to have.

Tags
killer guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode