Old question... New answer?? RG570 with a Pickguard? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Old question... New answer?? RG570 with a Pickguard?

Hey everyone, it's been awhile.

I asked about a year ago how to get a pick guard on my RG570 but I never followed through with it... but I wish I did.

Has anyone used or heard of www.redzline.com?

He has a pick guard made specifically for the Rg570.
http://www.redzline.com/pickguards/ibanez/rg-570

He said it's cut perfectly for it. He said all I'd need to do is remove the pup rings because the guard will host the pups. Other than that, it's a straight bolt on. The holes for the pup selector and knobs are bigger so the guard sits on top of the body...

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Old question... New answer?? RG570 with a Pickguard?

Don't know why you want a pickguard on the 570,well i know why,and sure it's subjective. Sure it looks ok on the 505/550. Well you know the answer yourself, if you like it buy it, if you don't then don't buy it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM

Reviews: 2

Of course there's no way to tell for sure if the redzline will fit perfectly or not, but it can easily be a nice addition to a 570. There is the possibility of needing longer shaft pots installed, but that's not a big deal.

I made my own guard for my 570. I opted to go without a blade switch, but the one in you link should still work nice. Personally, I would use a 550 guard and open up the body enough to let the switch mount to the guard.......I never liked the look of the big switch hole on those.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM

I have a RG2570 wich was getting paint where that I wasn't keen on so have opted to fit an additional pick guard.

Was going to use Redzline but they did not get back to me before I had placed the order elsewhere.

Just like RGTFanatic I do not like the big switch hole and have opted for for the RG550 slot, also as the pick ups are body mounted in my case & I am happy with the pick-up heights etc went for something non-conventional (I cant adjust pick-up height with my guard but as mentioned that is fine for myself).

I didn't have to make any adjustment to the selector or the volume control at the time (although I have to replace my vol pot now and the replacement I ordered wasn't quite long enough). The pick guard adds about 2.5mm to 3mm to your guitar so if you go for note that you may have to make some small adjustments as mentioned above, one thing that I did not take into account was added height meant that the trem bar casught on the vol knob, so a slight alteration to the trem bar had to be made but no biggy.

Personally I am glad I went with the guard I actually like the guitar with the guard on. But at the end of the day it is all down to you. Will add a pic when I get chance.

Regards

RG BARGIE
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I decided to take it to a local repair place. They have a guy that does custom pickguards and his work is great. So I decided to leave it there and see what quote they come up with. I told them I wanted the selector mounted to the guard so it all looks factory.

On a side note, I saw redline also has the Ibanez headstock overlay... Has anyone paint matched their headstock... Is it easy? What are my options as far as that goes? My Rg570 is Juniper Green.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM

Fair play, am sure it look fine as!

Have attached piccy of the fitted guard to the RG2570.

To be honest I originally wanted a smoke mirror guard, but things didn't work out like that. The colour scheme may not be everyones taste but I like it and at the ened of the day thats what counts & for me I like the result.

Sorry can't advise on the headstock issue, what colour guard are you using for the body?

RG BARGIE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4197ab.jpg (90.6 KB, 6 views)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking of a pearl guard with matching truss rod cover. I really liked the vine design on pick guard paradise's guards.

I asked the custom guy if he could do something similar and he said it wasn't feasible. So, he said $80 would get me a custom guard... but I've grown pretty fond of the vine etching... Do you know if a 550 guard would "fit" a 570... I'm sure he could do the modifications with the switch etc to make it fit in that regard..

But it's the same body right? It would mount the same way? I'm thinking of buying that guard and giving it to him to figure out. lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 AM

Sounds like a good colour combination the Green with Pearl, should look good.

I believe that the 550 guard will fit the 570, the guard fitted to my 2570 is a 550 guard.

If you are buying from pick guard paradise just give him your guitar model/year (always best to check as the selector position is different to some models)and let him know what you want doing with it.

If you go through with it post up a pic to show us what you ended up with.

All the best.

RG BARGIE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode