OLP Petrucci Model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

OLP Petrucci Model

John Petrucci has just announced that in 2004 OLP will be making a version of his signature Ernie Ball/Music Man model. interesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:17 AM

Oh, i do hope there's a 7-string!

post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:17 AM

Now if we could just get an OLP Triaxis made in China for $199 that would be great!
post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:19 AM

He says on his site that he's debuting it... could it be perhaps at NAMM?
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
Now if we could just get an OLP Triaxis made in China for $199 that would be great!

Oh god, if there's a seven you won't be able to stop me.
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Oh, i do hope there's a 7-string!

someone on the petrucciforums emailed olp about it and they said it is doubtful they will have either 7 string or piezo options. They almost definantly will have cheaper pups and probably a different bridge, i'm hoping for a nice hardtail and cheap pups so with just a change of pickups it'll still be a mean axe
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Oh. Well a seven would have been nice, but I'm sure you could pop on a Wilkinson, some locking tuners and some Dimarzios and still only pay a third of what a real one would cost.
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:40 AM

Seven or Six I am still getting one if and when they come out. Lets just hope they are available to the UK. I seriously cannot wait. I like the OLP guitars and think they are great for the $$$.

Gary - The.Godfather
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:46 AM

My guess is that it'd be roughly the same specs as the OLP Axis. Same generic pickups and switching (i wouldn't bet on having the split option in the middle), same generic vintage trem, but with the Petrucci body shape. It'd be great if they included the arm scoop, but again, i wouldn't be surprised if they go with a standard arm contour.
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 AM

i getting excited on this one....i wonder how much longer?
post #11 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 11:56 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are coming out at NAMM. I'm definitely going to check around there.

I have been recommending OLPs to my students for the past couple of years. I've always hated to see beginners get stuck with a Squier Strat that falls to pieces and is impossible to tune. But I have one student with an OLP that stays in PERFECT tune. So much so, it's better than many other more expensive guitars. Plus, the guitar plays well and doesn't sound too bad, so I've been sold on them. Having another OLP option like the JP one is cool. JP even tried out the prototypes to make sure they are decent quality.

Paul
post #12 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:18 PM

Yeah I really like them. For students or learners they are ideal. The price is brilliant for what you actually get. And they really are suprising guitars for the $$$. They sound good, play good.....All I gotta do now is wait for a JP model of it.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #13 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:36 PM

wonder how it will compare to the real model minus the pickups and tail piece just sound and quality
post #14 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 01:58 PM

the exact same body shape and arm contour, 3-way switch and 24 frets are the must! I'm sure a luthier I know could build me (expensive though) a trem like on Parkers!
post #15 of 101 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 PM

I just cant wait to see what it will be like compared to the actual model. Even with the different hardware and pickups and inlays. As long as they get the basic shape, feel and look out of it.

Apparantly though John Petrucci himself has gone through several concepts and models of the guitar before the final version. And he had alot of input and he wanted it "just right" apparantly. So it should be cool.

I just wanna get it, then mod it a bit!
Gary - The.Godfather

Tags
air norton , air nortons , body shape , darren wilson , ebmm axis , ebmm jpm , ebmm petrucci , ernie ball , floyd rose , floyd trem , hardtail bridge , headstock design , humbucking pickup , john petrucci , john petrucci model , locking tremolo , locking tuners , maple neck , neck shape , petrucci model , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , rosewood fingerboard , squier strat , steve morse , vintage trem , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode