One last family photo... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

One last family photo...

Thought I would post one last family photo of my electric guitars, since one will be on its way to a new owner soon. The only one missing is my Les Paul thats in for a fret job... I was trying to wait for it to come home before I sold anything, just so the family would be complete, but the guy is taking his time and thats cool.

Nothing really collectible or exclusive there... but for a regular working guy I think I put together a pretty versatile arsenal of playable guitars over the last couple years! Can you tell I'm partial to Ibanez?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

Re: One last family photo...

Nice collection!! Do they also sound different ? Or any two of them sounding similar?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 02:06 PM

Reviews: 2

Mine....MINE......MINE!!!!!

The Predator is all MINE!!!!

LOL...... dude, you can hang on to it til your LP comes back. I know I would want a "complete" picture of all of these guitars if they were mine. I really don't mind at all.....
I love the variety you have going on........but you really need a 7-string
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 02:07 PM

BTW.... your 3xxv is making me miss mine. I swear, I'm not giving the kids any more of my guitars!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panix View Post
Nice collection!! Do they also sound different ? Or any two of them sounding similar?
Thanks... They actually DO sound very different. Lots of different woods and necks and pickups.

From top left -

SZ320, mahogany set neck w/SD Distortion bridge and 59 neck.

RG520QS, mahogany/sapele w/maple & bubinga neck w/Tone Zone bridge & Dimarzio/IBZ neck.

Ibastrat, alder body w/Ibanez Roadstar II neck w/JB bridge and Hot Stacks middle/neck, all coil tapped.

RG3XXV, basswood w/maple neck w/D-Activator bridge and Air Norton S neck.

540S LTD, mahogany w/maple neck, stock F2, C2, F1 pickups.

JS1200 basswood w/maple neck, Fred bridge & Paf Joe neck.

Charvel Predator, ? body w/maple neck, EMG 81 and SA (removed and replaced w/stock pickups after I took this pic, for RGT... the new owner!)

Each one sounds great in it's own way!

Last edited by FireEagle; 05-11-2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: correction!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Mine....MINE......MINE!!!!!

The Predator is all MINE!!!!

LOL...... dude, you can hang on to it til your LP comes back. I know I would want a "complete" picture of all of these guitars if they were mine. I really don't mind at all.....
I love the variety you have going on........but you really need a 7-string
I'm glad its going to you! Makes selling a guitar a lot easier when you know it's going to a good home where it will be appreciated. Ironically, that Charvel feels better to play than any guitar I've ever owned. I'll be curious to see how you like it.. to me it just rocks in every way.

I've never played a 7-string... but considering my one experience with a 5 string bass, I probably wouldn't know what to do with the B string on it either! I have my hands full trying to figure out what to do with 6 strings on a guitar.... lol. They do sound awesome though, so maybe someday.

Quote:
BTW.... your 3xxv is making me miss mine. I swear, I'm not giving the kids any more of my guitars!
Was that the one that got sold?

You know, some people dog the Indo Ibanezes... but I really like the XXV. The stock pickups sound great and the tremolo is super stable. With a fret dressing/leveling to take care of sharp fret ends and some high frets it would be absolutely perfect. I'm planning on keeping it for now... and maybe get the neck done sometime.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 10:46 PM

Reviews: 120

That is an excellent collection!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 AM

Very nice love the JS! Please tell me you didn't sell the JS ;o)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
That is an excellent collection!
Thanks LP!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74 View Post
Very nice love the JS! Please tell me you didn't sell the JS ;o)
No way... the JS is actually the reason I have to sell a couple.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 04:15 PM

Loving that collection!! Very cool guitars. Great taste!!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Hey Kyle, I see you didn't let your grandson go at the roadstar headstock yet. I had an idea......

After painting the head black, pick up one of those cheapo Ibanez logo's off the bay, cut it into individual letters, then let him stick them on as he sees fit....... that, IMO, would be pretty cool.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Loving that collection!! Very cool guitars. Great taste!!
Thanks! I feel validated...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Hey Kyle, I see you didn't let your grandson go at the roadstar headstock yet. I had an idea......

After painting the head black, pick up one of those cheapo Ibanez logo's off the bay, cut it into individual letters, then let him stick them on as he sees fit....... that, IMO, would be pretty cool.
Thats a great idea! Thanks man! I have been playing that guitar a LOT and don't really want to start on it until I know exactly what I am doing. I mean, when it comes time I could use some advice on paint, clear coat, and the process. Not going worth anything to anyone but me, but I'd like it to look nice anyway!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:38 PM

Reviews: 10

Very nice collection - nicely done sir!!! My favorite is the 540s LTD. I have a black one but yours looks fresher and more minty than my boring black one (mine also has a crack behind the nut =( I like the 520 too - the 520's are underrated guitars imho - I had one but sold it to a good friend and I wish I hadn't sold it even though it went to a good home. Nice collection sir! =)

Tags
ibanez addiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode