Only In Black? Why? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Only In Black? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
"Running change", I posted plenty about it in the NAMM threads. It'll be whatever the old spec is until it's the new spec, and you cannot order one or the other, in fact you aren't even allowed to ask what you'll get.

How would you like to order a 77VBK expecting the Edge and get one that's Edge Pro. I finally complained about it enough [as I'm sure plenty others did], that they finally allowed requests on those.
Sorry I'm still a newbie, I will go a read your post on those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Bottom line, you ordered a 1570CA, doesn't matter what catalog you looked at.

Preaching to the choir, but it's just the way it is. They should have changed the model number to 1570ZCA to be consistent with everything else.

Still, there are no 2011's, there is what there is.
The rest of the world would consider this a Bait and Switch, would it not?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Vendor

Your dealer should have been aware and let you know. He's the one that dropped the ball.
Rich is online  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
The rest of the world would consider this a Bait and Switch, would it not?
I would...... but I would accuse your dealer of it, not Ibanez.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Vendor

Bottom line, your dealer is supposed to know the product. If he doesn't, then he's doing a disservice to his customers.

It's very clear on my page

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg1570.htm
Rich is online  
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Your dealer should have been aware and let you know. He's the one that dropped the ball.
is this common knowldge amongst dealers? I mean You have a passion for Ibanez, So I'm sure your knowldge comes from your passion.
My dealer, handles multiple lines, and Marshell Music seam's to promote Fender and Gibson primarily.
So is this something that only a follower of ibanez would know, or as I said: common knowldge?
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Vendor

If your dealer doesn't care about making sure they know what they need to about their products, then that would be common. You only have to be passionate about making sure you know what you need to to service your customers in the right way. They have a rep, they would have been told just as I was.
Rich is online  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM

Reviews: 2

What the average "Joe Consumer" doesn't know is that their buying a three year old guitar (with accompanying resale value) for the price of a new model. That is the part that has to be stated by the dealer......sadly they don't. That was the same thing that happened with the 2550 blowout a few months ago, right? They were all NOS '08-'09's, of course their prices reflected that.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
What the average "Joe Consumer" doesn't know is that their buying a three year old guitar (with accompanying resale value) for the price of a new model. That is the part that has to be stated by the dealer......sadly they don't. That was the same thing that happened with the 2550 blowout a few months ago, right? They were all NOS '08-'09's, of course their prices reflected that.
I will be going in tomorrow.

Thanks for the input Rich, and Bat.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Bottom line, you ordered a 1570CA, doesn't matter what catalog you looked at.

Preaching to the choir, but it's just the way it is. They should have changed the model number to 1570ZCA to be consistent with everything else.

Still, there are no 2011's, there is what there is.
Well I just got back home from the dealer, and a new 2011 goes out tomorrow, and I should have it by monday.
They said they do not know how this older model got sent out, unless it was sold and returned, repaired and left on the shelf, and someone grabbed the wrong one?
I dont know what to believe, but we will see on monday what shows up.
There sending a call tag to the dealership for the 08.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 04:32 PM

Reviews: 21

I'd be very surprised if Ibanez was cranking out 1570CA's of they were neck deep in old stock. That just doesn't make sense. Honestly, IMO, you got a better guitar in the '08 with an Edge Pro.
As far as dealers go I remember having a conversation with a guy at Scam Ash in 2007 when I had debit card *in hand* to buy an RG1570MRR. I had just had an e-mail conversation with Jay at Ibanez who had told me the MRR wasn't being discontinued but here the Scam Ash employee was telling me they were. He even called HUSA (allegedly) and his own warehouse to verify they were discontinued. No sale! I went to MF and bought it there.
In all fairness the MRR was discontinued... the following year.
In the end, though, I should have bought it from Rich. Live and learn.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I'd be very surprised if Ibanez was cranking out 1570CA's of they were neck deep in old stock. That just doesn't make sense. Honestly, IMO, you got a better guitar in the '08 with an Edge Pro.
As far as dealers go I remember having a conversation with a guy at Scam Ash in 2007 when I had debit card *in hand* to buy an RG1570MRR. I had just had an e-mail conversation with Jay at Ibanez who had told me the MRR wasn't being discontinued but here the Scam Ash employee was telling me they were. He even called HUSA (allegedly) and his own warehouse to verify they were discontinued. No sale! I went to MF and bought it there.
In all fairness the MRR was discontinued... the following year.
In the end, though, I should have bought it from Rich. Live and learn.
You think the pro is better than the zero? the zeros stud can be locked no?
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Vendor

The pro is definitely better..... [although the arm holder tensioner is better on the EZ]

I'm very surprised they even answered the question of one model vs. the other, if they actually have 11's I'm even more surprised. It's not like the CS guys can just look at serial numbers in the computer, somebody has to go physically check the inventory, and CS is not allowed in the warehouse, somebody from the warehouse has to do it [you can start to see why they won't even allow questions on the running change].
Rich is online  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The pro is definitely better..... [although the arm holder tensioner is better on the EZ]

I'm very surprised they even answered the question of one model vs. the other, if they actually have 11's I'm even more surprised. It's not like the CS guys can just look at serial numbers in the computer, somebody has to go physically check the inventory, and CS is not allowed in the warehouse, somebody from the warehouse has to do it [you can start to see why they won't even allow questions on the running change].
So all said and done, I may have been better off keeping the 08 in your opinion Rich? they still have it, and are waiting for a call tag.
I was suprised at how fast the CS said this was no big deal, and a new model was on the way.

Tags
color , ibanez , option

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode