Only one year warranty for prestige's..why?why? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Angry Only one year warranty for prestige's..why?why?

I forgot to register my guitar within 10 days of purchase..so I was looking at the warranty page some info and found out that prestige's have only a 1 year warranty...why?even schecters..which I consider much inferior to ibanez have LIFETIME WARRANTIES...and now I couldnt register my product within 10 days,theres no warranty at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 07:32 AM

Re: Only one year warranty for prestige's..why?why?

My old '77 Ibanez PF200 has a "lifetime" warranty. I wonder if they'd honor it still?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
My old '77 Ibanez PF200 has a "lifetime" warranty. I wonder if they'd honor it still?
wow that's pretty old...but if you have the receipt they should provide you with warranty..I dont know why the new ones dont have them
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 PM

Would you need more than a year? Most defects should show up immediately or within a year.

I'm pretty sure the guitars that have a "lifetime" warranty specify in the fine print that it's exclusive of wear and tear and only covers manufacturing defects.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar View Post
I'm pretty sure the guitars that have a "lifetime" warranty specify in the fine print that it's exclusive of wear and tear and only covers manufacturing defects.
That's true for all warranties, included those of limited duration (e.g. 1 year). Wear and tear is almost never, ever covered because that's part of playing in the instrument.

The only thing on an electric that can really go bad is the neck and the more expensive the guitar the less likely that is to occur. Yes, it can happen but the odds of it happening are very, very low.

On the other hand, acoustic guitars are more fragile than electrics so lifetime warranties are more beneficial to the consumer. Just as on the electric, the neck on an acoustic can go bad but the body can also split/warp and the bridge can pop off.

Last edited by toneboy; 05-17-2010 at 07:20 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM

Always a warranty, until you need something fixed
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 AM

Some defects don't show up in one year. A bad neck, for example.

.... sorry, I didn't notice that toneboy mentioned the neck.

Tags
ibanez , prestige , rg1570 , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode