The only path to the RG2027X - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

The only path to the RG2027X

I absolutely love the double edge guitars and I thought it would be great to add a seven string to my collection. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to pick up a 2027 in the states so I have considered ordering one from Ishibashi. There are probably a few of you on this board who have ordered from them, it turns out that the guitar is going to cost me about $1046 including shipping, are there any importing or other fees associated with ordering from them? Also those of you who have ordered from them, did the guitar get to you in good shape? There are a lot of great guitars available overseas and they are offered at great prices it almost seems to good to be true, let me know what kind of experiences you have had with these dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 06:26 AM

Re: The only path to the RG2027X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
I absolutely love the double edge guitars and I thought it would be great to add a seven string to my collection. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to pick up a 2027 in the states so I have considered ordering one from Ishibashi. There are probably a few of you on this board who have ordered from them, it turns out that the guitar is going to cost me about $1046 including shipping, are there any importing or other fees associated with ordering from them? Also those of you who have ordered from them, did the guitar get to you in good shape? There are a lot of great guitars available overseas and they are offered at great prices it almost seems to good to be true, let me know what kind of experiences you have had with these dealers.
no additional fees, they ship EMS (postal), and it arrives in good shape. You might want to do a search, there's been a couple threads on this lately. (including by me! )
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:40 PM

Don't forget to check out the RG2127 also (the black one). Same exact guitar. Cool alternative to the VV finish.

Let us know if you buy and how things go. Search around for threads on Ishibashi because as Polaris20 states, there are a bunch of older threads on the subject.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I will search the forum for ishibashi related topics. Polaris20, no fees? thats great! That means that the 2027 would cost me $50-$150 dollars less than if I would have bought it back in 2000. rlintz, I am kind of partial to the VV finish (I always liked the RG7CTVV and I think the flat mohagany look is very cool), the TKF (trans black) looks kind of cool but nobody has any pictures of what it looks like in real life.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
Thanks, I will search the forum for ishibashi related topics. Polaris20, no fees? thats great! That means that the 2027 would cost me $50-$150 dollars less than if I would have bought it back in 2000. rlintz, I am kind of partial to the VV finish (I always liked the RG7CTVV and I think the flat mohagany look is very cool), the TKF (trans black) looks kind of cool but nobody has any pictures of what it looks like in real life.
Check out the Gary Willis signature bass from 2000 and 2001. It came in TKF, which is the same as the RG2127.

The catalog shot of the bass gives a better representation of what the color looks like.

That's why when (and if?) I do get an import from Ishibashi, it will definitely be the 2127, just because it's something relatively unique in the US.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 08:58 AM

That's a darn good price especially since it includes shipping. I love the VV stain as well. I have one and all I can say is that it is a fabulous guitar. You won't be able to put it down. Enjoy.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:12 AM

I've been thinking about this for a long time now, once cash gets sorted that baby is mine

Tell us if you do it and how it ends up!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 01:21 PM

You also have to at least consider the RG8527 which is basically the RG7CT only in a J Custom instead of a prestige. From Ishibashi, it should be very reasonably priced. No Double Edge pups but a schweet maple top.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

I did look at the RG8527 it is very nice I just dont know if want all of that (bound neck, flame top, etc.. ). I really like the subtle look of the 2027X's VV stain over mohagany. I just got some bad news from ishibashi about the 2027's today, it seems that ibanez has no plans to build anymore of these guitars (2027's) even in japan!! I dont know if that includes the 2127 as well but that is horrible news for me because I really wanted that VV finish. I dont know if I can convince myself to get a 2127 because of that trans black finish (if it is even available anymore). I guess its time to start looking in the used market.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to decide on a career path

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode