Opinions about the RG321 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Opinions about the RG321

A friend of mine wants to get a new guitar with the money he got from his summer job, and has asked me for advise. He doesn't really now that much about guitars (when I asked him if he wanted a floating trem he didn't now what I meant) but he can play. Based on the amount of money he has I feel that he can't get a guitar with a GOOD floating trem (he doesn't want a used guitar) so I suggested a hardtail. Since he likes to play hardrock and metal I thought directly of Ibanez What I want to know is if the RG321 is good value for the money it costs? It sure seems that way. And a hardtail RG looks kinda cool, too.

Best regards,

Emil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:33 PM

Re: Opinions about the RG321

i would think that if he doesn 't even know what a floating trem is, then the last thing he should have on a first guitar is a floating trem!

i reckon the rg321 looks like great value. i dig the idea of a mahogany body at that price, too.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:54 PM

Yeah the RG321MH would be a great guitar if he doesn't want a floating trem.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:39 AM

Yep, nice little guitars they are. I borrowed one off of a friend for a week or two last year, and I really liked it. I am fixed bridge guy anyway, so I knew I would like it. I was comparing it to my lovely RG421, and it was just the same really. Maybe construction wasnt as good, but the RG321 is Korean made. But I thought it was just as good as my RG421. And for the money, they really are nice guitars.

With a set of DiMarzio's in it too, it would be a great guitar. Just as good as anything else really. Once the pickups have been upgraded, the RG321 would be an outstanding little guitar.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I think he's going for it, he just has to take it for a ride before he buys it!

Cheers!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:55 AM

rg321. where can i start. i've had one for a year or so and its still holding up. i think it is a very good quaility guitar for the price. put some dimarzios or emgs in it, by his preference and your good to go. grade A axe, im even getting another one probably
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky7
rg321. where can i start. i've had one for a year or so and its still holding up. i think it is a very good quaility guitar for the price. put some dimarzios or emgs in it, by his preference and your good to go. grade A axe, im even getting another one probably
First of all: Congratz on the axe! And of couse it's still holding up, it's an Ibanez! Since everybody is so optimistic about the bang-for-the-buck, I'm gonna strongly suggest to my bud that he gets the RG321, if he likes the feel of it of course. Thanks for your input!

PS. If you have any pictures of it, please post them
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweRocker
First of all: Congratz on the axe! And of couse it's still holding up, it's an Ibanez! Since everybody is so optimistic about the bang-for-the-buck, I'm gonna strongly suggest to my bud that he gets the RG321, if he likes the feel of it of course. Thanks for your input!

PS. If you have any pictures of it, please post them

i'll try and dig some up for ya man. btw, i dont have one but the rgt42dxfx looks like a pretty nice fixed bridge ibanez too. and its a neck thru..depending on his overall price range. but if he could spend as much as needed, i say go to one of the new prestige fixed bridge rga121's . they are SWEET. that's what i want next. the.godfather knows what im talkin about . Matt from Shadows Fall rocks two of them.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
i'll try and dig some up for ya man. btw, i dont have one but the rgt42dxfx looks like a pretty nice fixed bridge ibanez too. and its a neck thru..depending on his overall price range. but if he could spend as much as needed, i say go to one of the new prestige fixed bridge rga121's . they are SWEET. that's what i want next. the.godfather knows what im talkin about . Matt from Shadows Fall rocks two of them.
Concerning the RGA121: It's a sweet guitar, they have one in the music store I go to, it sure is sweet. But the problem is that the price is more than double to the RG321, at least here in Sweden.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweRocker
Concerning the RGA121: It's a sweet guitar, they have one in the music store I go to, it sure is sweet. But the problem is that the price is more than double to the RG321, at least here in Sweden.

yeah same here man. here in the us. they have one down at my shop too. i want it so bad, one day i'll get it but the rg321 is $280 i think and the rga121 is $700 here
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah same here man. here in the us. they have one down at my shop too. i want it so bad, one day i'll get it but the rg321 is $280 i think and the rga121 is $700 here
Damn, that is cheap! 1 USD is about 8 Swedish Kroners, which would make the price of the RG321 here in Sweden approx. 500$, and a RGA121's price tag approx. 1200$. Maybe it's not fair to compare that way, but I can understand why so many people import their guitars.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:11 PM

wow that sucks man. i wouldnt think they would be that expensive over there. well considering that , the 321 is definetly the way to go for your friend. is he going to buy one over there or import from the us like you said so many people do?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
wow that sucks man. i wouldnt think they would be that expensive over there. well considering that , the 321 is definetly the way to go for your friend. is he going to buy one over there or import from the us like you said so many people do?
Well, no. It just isn't cost effective unless it's an expensive guitar when you count taxes and shipping and such into the final sum. But as I said, it probably isn't fair to compare in that way. I'm not an economy graduate or something, but doesn't it cost about as many percent of the montly income to buy guitar X in Sweden as it does in America? I know, lack of words since English isn't my first language, but I hope you understand anyway.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM

yeah i understand. i dont know anything about economy. so ill just sit that out. nonetheless, the 321 is the guitar for your friend update us if he gets it and likes it. later
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah i understand. i dont know anything about economy. so ill just sit that out. nonetheless, the 321 is the guitar for your friend update us if he gets it and likes it. later
Sure will do

Tags
fixed bridge , fixed bridge ibanez , mahogany body , music store , neck thru

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode