Opinions on the RG2550E - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Opinions on the RG2550E

Hello all I have been going back & forth between 2 models . I currently own a S470DX in trans lavander. I love the ZR bridge & have considered the S series Prestige but I have been leaning towards the RG2550E anybody here own either & would you mind giving opinions & the Pros & cons for both. I've never used the Pro Edge bridge I tried 1 out today on a Prestige RG model, I'm really in love with the ZR . The RG has everything I'm looking for except the ZR bridge . The S series Prestige is nice has alot of bells & whistles so to speak but it also has a Wizard II neck wich I'm not 100% happy with , the reason I'm returning my S470. Thanks for any info & opinions . I'm moving into a much different realm of playing & I'm sure Ibanez has what I'm looking for so any help here is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 PM

Re: Opinions on the RG2550E

I guess mentioning what realm the playing is would help.

Had or have both, would stay with the S any old time, warmer sounding, more versatile, nicer looking, more comfortable, better trem.

Youre welcome
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 03:32 AM

Tough one this, might just come down to personal preference; your right though the ZR is a damn good bridge, but the edge isnt bad either. You could order it off Rich and get the locking sud mod and an amazing set-up.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 05:05 AM

At the risk of sounding like a snob, the Japanese build quality alone would settle it for me. There is a very pretty S with a ZR bridge sitting in a local shop, and the ZR has to be at least 2 or 3 degrees out of alignment to the strings - unforgiveable!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the input . I'll break it down for me the S has the ZR trem , comfortable body as well but the RG has the neck I want & I could just throw some Evos in there. My thing with the RG is I'm not familiar with the edge bridge & just don't know how it will hold up? I'm almost 100% I'm gonna go with the RG 2550 The bridge can be tweaked the neck is what it is , & the over all feel of the Wizard prestige neck to me is better than the S prestige neck. Thanks again for your input. I'll hopefully won't get made to much fun of on this LoL , but I have been an avid jackson player for about 10 years now, & I'm finding myself more needing an Ibanez for what I want to do musically. As for the realm of style , I'm moving away from metal a bit & getting more & more into players like Vai, & devin townsend, & Mcalpine.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I ordered my RG 2550 today should be here hopefully in a week.
Thanks everyone for your help.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 AM

Congratz on the purchase, the 2550 will always remain as one of my favourite guitar but I'm just too broke to buy it, anyway post pic when you got it
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 03:44 AM

If your not happy with the edge, try the locking stud mod. You can find info about it in the tech section of www.ibanezrules.com
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Sabre Thanks a Million that was alot of info on the Edge Pro I didn't know & would have never found. Man I love this site! Now I'm really stoked to get this guitar, & with the set of Evos I'm gonna install in it , it should smoke. Got an Evo 2 for the brg an Evo single & Evo 1 for the neck.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 PM

Comment about the looks, you cant really be satisfied looking from sites, just like the RG1570, they look so much better in person. And also another thing about the GK finish, i've heard frm Ibanez forum that 1 guy actually sit this guitar under black light and it looks awesome (dunno how far the truth goes), you should try that too .

As for the stock pickups, some say the IBZ/Dimarzio suck more than the Vs, personally i think its total preference, gotta change it sooner or later too. And there's this comment from ishibashi that the smoked brown mirror guard is specially designed to get the fullness of the tone and sound.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith View Post
Sabre Thanks a Million that was alot of info on the Edge Pro I didn't know & would have never found. Man I love this site! Now I'm really stoked to get this guitar, & with the set of Evos I'm gonna install in it , it should smoke. Got an Evo 2 for the brg an Evo single & Evo 1 for the neck.
No Problem.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM

Reviews: 6

GC by me had a REALLY good sounding RG2570 that even the most jaded Les Paul loving sales person there admitted that it played great and sounded as good a great Les Paul

I'd go 2550E if it's the right one... I had a 2550EX before and liked it.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpickin03 View Post
Comment about the looks, you cant really be satisfied looking from sites, just like the RG1570, they look so much better in person. And also another thing about the GK finish, i've heard frm Ibanez forum that 1 guy actually sit this guitar under black light and it looks awesome (dunno how far the truth goes), you should try that too .
LOL that statement just made me try that on my RG1570 too. Unfortunately... that beautiful finish flakes didn't glow under UV, unlike those in our malaysian bank notes.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalZone View Post
LOL that statement just made me try that on my RG1570 too. Unfortunately... that beautiful finish flakes didn't glow under UV, unlike those in our malaysian bank notes.
Haha, if you got nothing to do, try briging your guitar with the case to Midvalley or something, go inside the bowling alley and have a look at your guitar, see if its glowing in a different kinda way.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

HaHaa I bartend at a strip club I'll take it to work 1 night theres all kinds of lighting there to mess with. LoL

Tags
devin townsend , ebmm axis , edge bridge , les paul , locking stud , locking stud mod , neck thru , paf pro , pro edge , pro edge bridge , tone zone , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode