Opinions: Westone Pantera - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Opinions: Westone Pantera

Personally I know nearly nothing about these guitars. A friend has one he would like to sell, and I find it intriguing enough that I would like to get it... probably for $120 or so. Its an X300 model.

neck profile feels like a strat, a tiny bit wider and a flatter fretboard. It looks like these might have been targeted after the "kramer" guys. It really is in nice condition virtually no flaws in the paint, which is pearly pink BTW . Locking nut, non-locking bridge (apparently a "bendmaster") which floats. Comes with a case which is also in nice shape.

I would be buying it to fix up and re-sell, but I'm not even sure if there is a market for these things. It seems like a well built guitar. Any input or info would be appreciated.

Last edited by SonOfRDgear; 12-02-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Opinions: Westone Pantera

Google is your friend.

http://www.westone.info/
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Oh God, I haven't heard that name for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. Westone was your average run of the mill 80's "superstrat" like any other cheapy style of the time like Schecter was at the times. Think below Ibanez but above Aria Pro II.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Reviews: 6

I know that Trevor Rabin (Yes, many film scores) endorsed these guitars. I also will say that I love that colour.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post
I know that Trevor Rabin (Yes, many film scores) endorsed these guitars. I also will say that I love that colour.
I think INXS played these too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

So in you guys' opinions, if i bought it with the case for $120, threw a regular floyd bridge in it and maybe some Dimarzios, could I sell it, Or do you think it would be a waste of money?

(and yes the color is awesome)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfRDgear View Post
So in you guys' opinions, if i bought it with the case for $120, threw a regular floyd bridge in it and maybe some Dimarzios, could I sell it, Or do you think it would be a waste of money?

(and yes the color is awesome)
I would keep it stock and throw it on ebay..

and keep the FR and pickups for something else.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 PM

These were very cool, I took lessons when I was about 11 or 12 at a store that was a Westone Dealer, my teacher played one like this and I used to drooool!! Cool to have no matter what IMO
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Thumbs up Re: Opinions: Westone Pantera

Hi,

I still own a cadillac pink Westone Pantera x300. I bought it new in 1987 or 1988. I put a Kahler Spider trem in it and a dimarzio PU and the thing ROCKS.

Will upload some pictures this weekend.

Regards,

JP
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Thumbs up Re: Opinions: Westone Pantera

I have one of these, bought it new and fully customized it. Great guitar, it's a pity it's only 22 frets instead off 24....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfRDgear View Post
Personally I know nearly nothing about these guitars. A friend has one he would like to sell, and I find it intriguing enough that I would like to get it... probably for $120 or so. Its an X300 model.

neck profile feels like a strat, a tiny bit wider and a flatter fretboard. It looks like these might have been targeted after the "kramer" guys. It really is in nice condition virtually no flaws in the paint, which is pearly pink BTW . Locking nut, non-locking bridge (apparently a "bendmaster") which floats. Comes with a case which is also in nice shape.

I would be buying it to fix up and re-sell, but I'm not even sure if there is a market for these things. It seems like a well built guitar. Any input or info would be appreciated.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Mine is an older model though, in the beginning the letters "Pantera" and the logo on the body were MUCH smaller.

Tags
westone pantera x300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode