Opportunity to get RG9570 - Should I, or shouldn't I? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Opportunity to get RG9570 - Should I, or shouldn't I?

This is the deal:
My local shop (bless the bastards) have managed to "reserve" one of the only RG9570s that will reach the shores of Belgium. *Check http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/el_gui...om/rg9570.html to see what guitar I am talking about.

It will arrive in about two weeks, it'll be the blue flame one. *I can't try it before I commit to it (it's a small shop, we all have to make sacrifices). *I really like the specs and look of the guitar, and the neck-through is a feature I've wanted for a long time. *The problem is that it is so damned expensive for what it is.

I have a choice between this, and a Brian Moore i1p which is also neck-through, and has a vintage Piezo bridge. *They are around the same price, and have the same visual attraction to me. *So what do YOU think I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:22 AM

Opportunity to get RG9570

GO with the Ibanez, you won't be sorry! I don't really care for those Brian Moore's, and I can't believe they charge that much for a Korean guitar. I mean, come on, it's a great guitar, but it's still made in Korea. PRS doesn't charge nearly as much for their Korean guitar.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 02:21 PM

I also say go with the ibanez. If you were talking about a us brian moore than I would say go with that, but a J-custom is much nicer than a i series moore.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 06:49 PM

Pass on it, it's only got 6 strings.

Na, seriousdly, that's a GREAT looking axe. I'm especially digging the double stripe on the back of the neck. I'd say commit- if you decide it isn't for you after you buy it, well, a neck-thru ibanez of that caliber is something loads of people on this site have been drooling over- i'm sure SOMEONE would agree to take it off your hands...

Besides, this is an ibanez site, what sorts of opinions were you expecting?

-Drew
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:35 PM

I've got two neck-thru JCustoms. They rock. Highly recommended. Glad to see that Ibz is pushing them down into the mid line as well (3120RGT). Don't ditch your bolt-ons tho.... These beasts are different.

Remember that it's much harder to build a top quality neck through. Can't shim the neck into place to cover for iffy neck planing, marginal fretwork, etc. And if you really screw it up, you tend to throw the WHOLE THING away. That's part of what you're paying for.

-bill
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Drew on 6:49 pm on April 3, 2002
Pass on it, it's only got 6 strings.

Besides, this is an ibanez site, what sorts of opinions were you expecting?

-Drew
Hehe I was expecting thought-out comments on why I SHOULD get the Ibanez, that's why I posted. *My personal opinion is still that the Brian Moore is the better buy - but I'll be heading out to the shop that has them tomorrow to try them out and be sure. *I might just decide that 2600Euro is simply too much to pay for a guitar full stop.

And if that thing had been a neck-through 7, I'd have been sitting in the store waiting for it!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 02:53 AM

The "import" Brian Moores are junk IMHO, they don't even compare to the "custom shop" made ones. *

I think you're comparing apples to oranges though, they are completely different animals.

I wish they'd offer a H-S-H like that one here in the US!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 03:34 AM

No question about it, get the RG9570...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
kirk on 2:53 am on April 4, 2002
The "import" Brian Moores are junk IMHO, they don't even compare to the "custom shop" made ones. *

I think you're comparing apples to oranges though, they are completely different animals.

I wish they'd offer a H-S-H like that one here in the US!

The custom-shop Brian Moores go for over $5000 here... I can buy a car for that amount of money, and would never be comfortable playing it. *Ah well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it'll be guitar-try-out-day, getting my paws on most regular Ibanez, Brian Moore, Jackson and Gibson guitars.

Tags
brian moore , custom shop , korean guitar , piezo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode