Ordering from Ishi? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Ordering from Ishi?

For those of you who have ordered through Ishibashi, what is the best way to make contact with someone there and place an order? I'm trying to plant the seed in my wifes head now that I want an 8670 for my 30th birthday in Sept. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:14 AM

Re: Ordering from Ishi?

Hey dude,

I just received an J-Custom RG8527 from them yesturday. I live in New Zealand (we have lots of sheep).

The best ways to contact are below.

I initially went via email correspondance to "[email protected]"
You will probably get a reply from a chick called Noriko. Her english is ok/good and she usually deals with the International emails.

NOW, the BEST guy to talk to is "KOICHI". His full name is Mr Koichi Tanimoto.
Call this number +81-3-3291-7090 and ask for him. He has very good english and sounds like he was trained to speak with an American accent (if it helps)
He basically is there to answer International quieries (along with Noriko) and knows his shizz.

I have spoken to Noriko on the phone but her english isnt the best over the phone (better in emails).

Both Noriko and Koichi can be reach on that phone number above.

This website explains some things.
http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

Lastly, the best advice I can give ya is have ALL your question ready BEFORE you call 'em. Everything about fees, duty, customs, insurance.....etc. Oh yeah, make sure that the in-house tech sets up/test/inspects your guitar before they ship it. If there are any problems they will let you know.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:00 AM

I had no trouble communicating with Noriko via e-mail as described above when ordering my RG8670, apart from a little confusion about the customs duties, which turned out to be automatically handled by the shipper, and included in the quote I was given, though I had gotten the wrong idea the duties would be a nebulous 5-10% in addition to the quote, tacked on by the shipper. I wasn't as careful as the above poster recommends being, but it all turned out well for me anyway. Gorgeous, wonderful guitar.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Thank you both, I want to have all my ducks in a row and show my wife exactly what I want and how to get it. Thanks again bros
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 06:05 AM

Why do you let your wife go through all the trouble???

If I were you would do all the leg work myself. (what doesn't mean she can't pick up the tab!!!)

And when guitar shows up at your door, ask your wife to rap it up for you and hide it till your birthday.

Not saying your wife is stupid, but there are just too many things that can go wrong when someone else goes through trouble of getting you "expensive" J-custom from Japan.

Just my $0.02
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

This is what she likes to do. She custom ordered me a Taylor 814 acoustic from the El Cojon factory. I'm sure I'll guide her a little but she knows as much about guitars as anybody. Actually, at G-3 last year, she noticed Tony MacAlpine on keys before I did. I appreciate your concern though. I guess I'd be pretty upset if I opened the new case and found an EX series or something.

Tags
tony macalpine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode