Is this an original RG guitar? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Is this an original RG guitar?

Hello everyone, im coming to this forum cause i really don't know what RG number is this guitar, the seller says he doesnt know the origin as well and whats the model name, i didnt see any Old Rgs with the RG series imprinted in the headstock thats why i thought this think was maybe, "false" or made up like a frankenstein, Seems a RG 570 body with gold hardware and a Lopro bridge and Ibz pickups (which arent V7,8 series that normally come in RG 570s/60s) anybody that can help me out identifying this guitar? guy is selling really low price.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...z-rg-japan-_JM

Check out the link above!

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Is this an original RG guitar?

Yeah that's a real RG. It's better than a 5 series. This is an RG770 and those pick ups are fantastic. Better than the v7-v8. Possibly a 91-93 RG770. She's a beauty buddy. If the price is right and you like it, snatch it up buddy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM

The serial indicates it is a 95 model. It has the features of a 770 as said above. The US catalog doesn't show a 7 series for 95, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a non US model. They are great guitars, that particular one appears to have ALOT of wear so be cautious of how much you pay. Good Luck.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Reviews: 2

Yup, it's a 95 RG770G (gold). Totally original and looks to be in good shape from the one picture....................more pics would help a lot though.

It's a lot like mine, but that one has pickup rings too.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Wow! i didnt know about that 700 series, just knew the 750s i think that has a pickguard....

Then its a great guitar isnt it?...

Would there be any way to restore it up to a almost new state? guess the lo pro seems a little rusted in the top E string. ... Thats maybe what concerns me most. Cause the pickups can be replaced for new ones ...

What about wood? is it Basswood ?

Wizard I neck?

Thanks everyone for enlightening my path ...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Reviews: 6

Don't change anything on it bra. You haven't even played it yet, and you're already thinking of changing things lol. Slow down. Try it first, you'd be surprised how good it'll sound and play. Theres no point getting over the top about it. Just take it apart, clean all the hardware, reassemble, string, intonate, adjust neck relief and then action. You'll be good to go.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Well my friend, that was exactly what i was talking about. Cause most of the parts are in a bad shape then i was wondering if theres a way of treating this parts to make them more like "NEW", Wood should be great cause its been some years till now and will have a nice big sound on it. IM concerned with knife edges of the Lopro edge bridge.... Hope they are in good shape cause ive heard that bridge is one of the best locking tremolos ever made by IBZ.

Same concerns are for the pickup coils which seem to be a little rusted. Will that make the pickups perform in a bad way than if they werent rusted? isnt there a way to "Restore them"? i dont like much the vintage looks on an IBZ guitar...

The price is 636 Dollars ( 1200 Brazilian Reals ) Consider that here we pay a very high import taxes and even have ridiculous taxes as for Breathing. Just kidding. But we pay lot of taxes for import instruments..

Is that a good price for the shape of this instrument? Thanks a lot everyone again!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Reviews: 2

The price is a little more than average for a 7xx guitar here in the states. But we have a LOT more of them available to us. I doubt you'll see another 770G in the near future.....I would probably buy it If I were you.

The hardware looks fine. The gold plating has worn off in a few places, but thats to be expected on a 17 year old guitar. The pole pieces on the pickups look fine. If you want to clean them up you can unscrew them from the pickup, clean them, then put them back in with great ease. There's no way to know about the knife edge's until we can see pics of them, but I suspect that, because of the overall condition of the guitar....they're fine as they are.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Great then !! thanks a lot!!. i didnt know i could unscrew the pole pieces. Would it be good to put them in WD40? or smoething like that to take out that rust before putting them in again? as for the screws, i think i could buy a new set of screws. Maybe the i could buy a new locking nut if the one in it is in a bad shape like its not locking the strings correctly.

Would it be recommended to put the parts in WD 40 to get some of the rust out then clean with a dry cloth?

Im already combining a day with the seller to test it out !! maybe its what ive been looking for. I play Metal and actually own a 96' Japan Fender Strat. ( a little modified).

But i guess this will perform out to be better for the style i do.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 05:05 PM

yes ıts original

Tags
rg series unknown

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode