Original Wizard neck. Help! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Original Wizard neck. Help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Firstly I'd like to say hello to the community and I hope you will go easy with me. I'm fesh and green when it comes to forums! I know I've come to the right place for all things Rg related. That I do know!

So here we go....What are the chances of me finding an original Wizard neck with original square-neck joint, rosewood board and shark-tooth inlays? I believe the early RG-750's, 760's and 770's were available with that neck. Is that true? There is a possibility that a Super Wizard might have those features too. Maybe somebody knows and can help.

If a neck with the above features is avilable anywhere I would be very interested in purchasing if possible.

Thanks. The Green Man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Re: Original Wizard neck. Help!

Post a WTB in the classifieds, there's been a few of those up lately.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 AM

Yes,they show up here and on the 'bay' all the time,though Super wizards do not have square heals.The super wizard came out after the all access neck joint had become standard. Dont sweat it they feel the same in the hands,best necks ever!!! IMHO of course.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Fantastic. Thats great. Your help is very much appreciated. I'll start posting on the ad page and 'the Bay'.

This neck is going to be an addition to a SH routed RG U.S Custom body. It's from 88-89 and started out with a Judge Dredd decal/paint job. This has long since been removed and now the body is in my possession and in need of some TLC and a sound paint job. The wood is lovely although I'm not too sure what tonewood has been used.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of the late 80's RG SH U.S Custom with the Judge Dredd finish? I believe there weren't many produced. In the 100's? 1000's?

Thanks again everyone for your warm welcome and very helpful replies. I'm now a forum convert!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 AM

I'm lookiing for the same thing. Black original wizard neck with sharktooth inlays to replace the neck on my '91 RG 565. Maybe even one with a reverse headstock althought I'm sure that's a stretch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode