Paint code color matching help! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Paint code color matching help!

Im wanting to paint a couple of rgs. I want to paint a project of mine Road Flare Red and a buddy wants his done in Desert sun. I do work for PPG and we have plenty of fender colors though nothing for Ibanez. I could try to color match it and get it close thought Id rather have the correct color. What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM

Re: Paint code color matching help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js90Lx View Post
Im wanting to paint a couple of rgs. I want to paint a project of mine Road Flare Red and a buddy wants his done in Desert sun. I do work for PPG and we have plenty of fender colors though nothing for Ibanez. I could try to color match it and get it close thought Id rather have the correct color. What do I do?
PPG doesn't have one of those machines where you put a swatch under it and it tells you how to mix it?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I do have a prophet though I do not have a guitar in those colors to scan. Also the prophet is hit or miss especially with crazy colors like these. I wonder if Dupont or some other company might have the colors(?)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Try pm'ing Jemsiter jkahrs - I know he had a good match for DSY and LNG, not sure if he has done Road Flare Red, but I think he may know what the best match is.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Sweet!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js90Lx View Post
Yeah I do have a prophet though I do not have a guitar in those colors to scan. Also the prophet is hit or miss especially with crazy colors like these. I wonder if Dupont or some other company might have the colors(?)
I don't know but the rinky dink machine I use to use at Wal-Mart seemed to match up well on just about any color swatch I put under it. I would assume an actual paint company's machine would be even better.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Yeah you would think it would work like that but it is not the case. It really is hit or miss and its never dead on its just close or way off then you tint accordingly. Also like I said I need a guitar to scan as well so it just does not help me. A pic of the color off the net is not going to help. Though the good news is thanks gpenguins is that I am on the right track. Also thank you Jkahrs for letting me in on your knowledge.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Happy to help - but you gotta promise to post pics when you get them painted
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 PM

I think a lot of people here on Jemsite would like to know these paint codes, myself included. Keep us posted...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Try House of Kolor Neons or AutoAir Fluorescents.

Tags
road flare red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode