paint color advice - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

paint color advice

Ok guys, I have all the parts and pieces I need to complete my Jackson Fusion XL Project. I hate the color of the finish. It's a trans teal color with a navy blue burst over a flamed maple top. It's a hideous color and the wood isn't very flamed at all!!! I want to paint it a wild, flashy, 80's inspired color and I want your opinion. I was thinking of going with one of these three colors.....(click on each color for a larger, better view)

http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedsha...es_shimrin.jsp
It's the Magenta in the top group of pics.

OR

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/kil...waiianhues.htm
Either Pineapple yellow or mango orange

Sorry about having to send you to the sites to see the colors but I don't know how to add pics of the color choices to this post.(maybe a step by step tutorial on how to? just a thought)

The guitars neck has a rosewood fretboard(not the original) and black hardware. I will be painting the headstock also. So what your preference? Personally, I kinda like the magenta. Thanks for your help guys. I'll post pics of the refinishing starting after I remove the old finish thru to re-assembling the completed guitar.

Last edited by cmd130; 03-31-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: paint color advice

My vote goes to the magenta. I also like molly orange and euro orange. That palm green is also sweet..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 02:58 PM

So subjective, but here goes: I like the magenta. Close second the pineapple. That mango looks a little bit faded or washed-out in my opinion.

Peace

Mike
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:33 PM

The HouseOfKolor Magenta Neon
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
The HouseOfKolor Magenta Neon
This.

If you want "wild 80's", I'd go with the Neons. The Magenta Neon particularly caught my eye. The Hot Pink from the Pearls line also looks like it would be awesome and give the paintjob more depth.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:47 PM

get all the neons, add black and swirl it damnit.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Reviews: 18

I take back my vote.. I didn't scroll down to see the neon colors! Definitely go with one of those.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I like those neon colors too but they are not light-fast so they will fade and I am not looking to have to repaint again in 6 months.....Hence the other magenta color choice.

Tags
color , paint , refinish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode