Palm Bay - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Palm Bay

How stunning are there guitars...i have never seen quilt tops to compare them too..
IMO amazing...i have an old typhoon, but there new stuff looks so stunning.

http://www.palmbayguitars.com/pix3.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM

Re: Palm Bay

That's interesting, it kind of looks like a tequila sunrise. I wouldnt buy one, but the inlays are nice and the finish is unique.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

I would buy one, not that colour tho...
Although id feel like a traitor after only buying ibanez for so many years lol
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Wow, awesome guitars.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 AM

This guy has the best quilt-tops I've ever seen but they are custom and waay more expensive than the Palm Bay guitars.

http://www.driskillguitars.com/

That guitar for about $2,000 US doesn't seem bad if it plays good. Looks like an Ibanez clone to me so you wouldn't be too much of a traitor.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Palm Bay go years back and were originally high spec British made custom guitars. I believe the name was then licenced to make reasonable quality overseas guitars.

The coolest things were the radical fade finishes and the thickness of the bodies and the quality of the original guitars' ebony boards
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Yep Jono, thats spot on. The old Palm Bays are incredibly hard to find unfortunately tho
And wow @ the driskill guitars link, fantastic craftsmanship
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM

Hi

I own two of the PB old models, a 1992 Tidalwave and a mid 90´s Typhoon and I must say that specially in the case of the Tidalwave the finish is really nice and guitar is excellent crafted. We are not discovering any new thing, both are superstrats guitars but if somebody is looking for a high quality instrument and looks something different than the same old brands, this could be an excellent choice. The Tidalwave is very similar to a Jem model in specs, has exclusively pups designed by Dimarzio for PB in those times. I don´t play with a new model because are also really hard to find out from UK, I don´t like the current finishes, but if they keep the quality like in my Tidalwave it will be a winner horse.

Some pics of my Tidalwave.

CheersĦĦĦĦ

Javier

Tags
ebony boards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode