Palm Bay Cyclone P-7 PICS and NEW INFO!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Palm Bay Cyclone P-7 PICS and NEW INFO!!!!!

Hey all, i recently posed some pics of my Palm Bay Cyclone P-7 and it drew quite a bit of interest but i didn't have that much info on it, but recently iv been in contact with someone from Palm Bay and not only did he send me a really interesting Email about my guitar, he also told me what Palm Bay Guitars has upcoming!!!! So, ill post a could pics of the guitar in question and underneath ill copy and paste the Email he sent me!!!
If you're into rare handmade guitars, this will probably interest you

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

And here is the Email....

Hi Ross,
Thanks for sending the pictures, not seen this one for a while now, the Cyclone P-7 UK built guitar was originally designed and built for the Japanese market and not sold in the UK other than a couple of prototypes and about four or five through the Birmingham music show at the NEC. This makes it quite rare! I would guess it's age to be circa 1996 but it could be a year either way. If there is a serial number, it would be in the neck socket or under the pickups stamped on the wood. Well hidden!
This guitar was the next generation after the Tidalwave and would have had DiMarzio pickups when new. The EMG's have probably been fitted, as you say, after purchase at some time.
In fact, this guitar out sold all the Typhoons, Tidalwaves and Lightnings all put together as it sold so well in Japan and Europe, plus a small number in the US. For that reason, and because it was such a great guitar, this is the model we are now re-producing in a format similar to the original Cyclone SD-X, the next generation from the Cyclone P7XR. The new model which is being ready for sale early next month.
Also, a bit of useless information, the technical designer at Marshall uses an even rarer Cyclone P6 to design and set up the new amplification for production. The Cyclone P-6 really was the same as the P-7 just a less elaborate model used by us for testing the guitar and wiring set-ups so as to keep the testing costs down.
Anyway, your P-7 is quite a rare guitar in this country, even though it was made here, as these were nearly all shipped abroad for sale, mostly to Japan. It sold in Japan for around £1895 but I can't remember if we even had a proper retail here in the UK as it was not properly retailed here. The new Cyclone P7XS however will retail here at £1495 but is expected to end up at a street price of around £1299. Bit better than a Jem at £2495!!
I hope all this helps but if you need anything else, even a new guitar. (can always talk a great deal through), let me know.
Kind regards
Andrew
Palm Bay Guitars

Well, i at least thought it was interesting!!!
On a serious note also, the Palm Bay plays like a dream. Probably better than my 89' Jem77FP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 AM

Reviews: 19
Re: Palm Bay Cyclone P-7 PICS and NEW INFO!!!!!

I thought it was a good read.
I think it is an outstanding guitar!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Very cool! (have you dug for the serial number yet? :-))
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM

Reviews: 1

that's a beautiful finish! i wonder how hard that is to do..
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Thats really cool.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 PM

Reviews: 11

Palm Bay needs to make 7 strings. I'd get TONS of them.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:03 PM

Reviews: 7

I want one! Such a lovely color.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Reviews: 9

I own a P7XR and I can't get enough of it! I've met Andy on a few occasions and he's a really nice guy. He used to live about half an hour from my house. I've always loved the finishes on the guitars me made all very nice. That vitae you have there is really nice!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM

Reviews: 34

I think that they had the prototype for sale in Guitar Village in Farnham back in the day.

I used to drool over those so much.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 AM

Cool, I remember lusting over a Palm Bay back in the Early 90s.... it was beautiful!!

Tags
custom , cyclone , england , handmade , palm bay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode