Parker NiteFly - Need some reviews here... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Parker NiteFly - Need some reviews here...

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting a used Parker NiteFly (version II). So need some reviews here

1) I understand the NiteFly has 2 Singles and 1 Humbucker, *how does this compare to the regular ibanez RG/JEM/PGM feel? (Currently i own a PGM)

2) Any comments on the piezo system in the parker? This NiteFly version 2 doesn't seem to come with the active piezo mixing. is that an very important feature? (i will probably run both piezo and magnetic signals to 1 amp)

3) Hows the overall sound and tone of the nitefly? Is there a need to replace the stock parker (dimarzio?) pickups?

Thanks in advance for ur help

Cheers,
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 09:06 PM

Parker NiteFly

First thing is first...the neck is a bolt-on, thicker than the Fly, and only has 22 frets. *Secondly, the neck is usually mahogany on the Nitefly and the body can be swamp ash or mahogany. *That said, it is a heavier guitar than the Fly.

Now, I think they can still be a nice guitar. *You still get the composite covered neck and the bonded stainless steel frets, which are a pleasure for sure. *The pickups, in my opinion, could use some changing. *Also, the piezo in the NiteFly is NOT the same as in the Fly...it is a cheaper version which is a noticeable difference.

I would buy a used one, because at the price you can get one for, they can make a fantastic buy.

One other thing....I have heard there may be a problem with quality control on some of these, although I have not seen it myself. *Check to make sure the E strings don't easily fall off the guitar when you are playing, and that there is no or very little buzz on the guitar.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Parker NiteFly

Hey thanks for ur advice
Now i know what to look out for during the inspection

Tags
piezo system , stainless steel frets , steel frets , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode