Parts Assembly RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Parts Assembly RG

Hi all,

I have this RG350 with a maple neck/board and black sharktooth inlay, which I actually only bought because of the maple board.

But for some reason I thought it sounded "muffed", so I replaced the stock INF pickups with a Dimarzio Norton and a PAF Pro.

The result was that it sounded much better, but still not to my liking, so the guitar was put in the corner, drop tuned it for occasions. Then I took the pick-ups out for a RG548 and it was never played again.

Then I could get a transparent blue swamp ash body, from what was originaly a RG547 (I think).
Bought it, put the maple neck on it, a black pickguard from my RG550 installed the QM1 and QM2 pickups that were originally in my RG620.
Also installed a kill-switch (just for fun) and an Edge Pro trem.

Now I have a guitar that will be played! realy like it! All the "muff" has been gone, and for now I like the QM pickups in it.

The result:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: Parts Assembly RG

Well that worked itself out real nice. I'm diggin' the finish on that body.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM

Looks great too!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM

Reviews: 120

Nice work, that looks brilliant!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 11:03 PM

Wow. Love that trans paint on the body! I've never seen a maple board with full sharktooth inlays either!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 04:15 PM

Most definitely a sweet mutt build!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode