Paul Gilbert with a HSS PGM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Paul Gilbert with a HSS PGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAnFmEHLCB0

I so want Ibanez to produce this. In Sparkle Blue and Black PUs it's my dream guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 AM

Re: Paul Gilbert with a HSS PGM

ibanez dont care about us
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:12 AM

been discussed elsewhere in the forum. keep dreaming...
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 AM

A square neck joint? What the...?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 AM

there's another thread where it was mentioned that PG preferred the square heel because of the tone benefits.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 AM

The PGM looks so bare.. fixed bridge, no tone control.. And u pay more nearly as much as a JS.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
there's another thread where it was mentioned that PG preferred the square heel because of the tone benefits.
Precisely.
Plus I remember reading somewhere that he preferred the overall access you get to the higher frets with the old square heel. As well as the tone benefits.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather View Post
Precisely.
Plus I remember reading somewhere that he preferred the overall access you get to the higher frets with the old square heel. As well as the tone benefits.
While I'm happy to accept this since I have no independent knowledge of Paul's preferences, there are tons of pictures and videos out there of him playing AANJ PGMs. So does he just normally use dead stock production guitars, or what?
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
While I'm happy to accept this since I have no independent knowledge of Paul's preferences, there are tons of pictures and videos out there of him playing AANJ PGMs. So does he just normally use dead stock production guitars, or what?
paul explained in hte clinics he actually perferred stock models. He said it somehow feel better then any custom model ibanez sends him.

In clinics, he mostly used stock models
however as you can see from hte pics, on tour with actual band, he uses his own custom models
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM

I read where Paul had started to really look into why he liked the sound of one guitar over another, and all of his favorites had the older neck joint. So when the HSS was being built, he asked to have the older neck joint.

I would like to see Ibanez to offer the orange PGM with the binding.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-man View Post
The PGM looks so bare.. fixed bridge, no tone control.. And u pay more nearly as much as a JS.
what's on a guitar has nothing to do with its price. otherwise you would pay a JTK more than a RG2610E
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Reviews: 1

I'd scrounge up an RG560 and do it up like PG's
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
Oh yes, he does own and play several AANJ PGM's. But he hugely prefers the older original neck joint, both for tone and access apparently.

Many people believe the tone is better on guitars with the original neck joints because there is a larger wood-wood contact area. Whether that's 100% true though I don't know.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather View Post
Oh yes, he does own and play several AANJ PGM's. But he hugely prefers the older original neck joint, both for tone and access apparently.

Many people believe the tone is better on guitars with the original neck joints because there is a larger wood-wood contact area. Whether that's 100% true though I don't know.
Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's entirely true. What I would be surprised about is if the average ear (not talking Gilbert or Vai) could even begin to detect it.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:22 PM

The guitar also has a painted neck, if I recall correctly from last weeks gig...

Tags
custom models , fixed bridge , fret access , john suhr , maple fingerboard , neck joint , neck joints , paul gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode