Paul Stanley is back! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Paul Stanley is back!

I'm not a big kiss fan and don'T care for all the trash talking between members but the Paul Stanley Iceman is coming back! Ibanez posted the info on their facebook page today. Next year a new PS Iceman? Prestige? I hope so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:11 PM

Re: Paul Stanley is back!

I am a huge fan and KISS is the reason I got into electric guitar in the late 1970s. Being the typical fan I thought they wrote the best songs and played the best leads. When I found out that wasn't even true, their huge album sales did ensure that they were a very big influence to many players who would be known more for their songwriting and guitar playing and some came forward to make a tribute album. It gave the highly criticized KISS a good shot of legitimacy and was kind of a coming out of the closet of famous KISS fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_My...Kiss_Regrooved

Even though you had early Ibanez adopters like Tom Petty, Bob Weir, and Steve Miller who all considered Ibanez a good option besides their American made axes, it was Paul Stanley who said the Japanese made guitars in the 1970s (Ibanez, Aria, Yamaha) were kicking the ass of Gibson and Fender. Gibson had bad ownership issues and questionable guitars in their Norlin era and Fender was micromanaged by CBS resulting in guitars nowhere near the quality the company was known for under Leo Fender. That's when I discovered Ibanez and that was years before they gained a much wider acceptance in the metal days of the RG550.

The Iceman, Artist, and George Benson model were the great offerings of Ibanez before the RG550.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 12-18-2014 at 08:20 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

I don't actively HATE Kiss, far from that. I think it's more that I outgrew them. One of the songs that people hate the most is one of my favorite Kiss songs. It's just groovy

One of the biggest hard rock influences in Japan is Kiss. Without Kiss, Japan would never have had X Japan. Yoshiki has said in interviews that his first concert was Kiss when he was 9. Heck, the last time Kiss came to Japan, they got to be on one of the most watched music talk shows, Music Station. Non-Japanese groups rarely get on there, the only ones I remember going on there were RCHP, Lady Gaga, and Green Day.

Oh I know about George Benson being one of the longest signature artists in Ibanez history (if not THE longest).

I love the Iceman, so I don't care that it's a PS signature model, as long as it's MIJ, I want one. The old school PS models are way too expensive in the used market so hopefully they'll release a nice MIJ in a lower price bracket.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Vendor

The worst kept secret this year. People started writing me in the middle of the Summer when Washburn dealers were blowing out PS's and Paul played an Icemen on a TV appearance.

There will be several versions for all budgets.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The worst kept secret this year. People started writing me in the middle of the Summer when Washburn dealers were blowing out PS's and Paul played an Icemen on a TV appearance.
Hey Rich, can you tell me just one thing? MIJ or not?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Vendor

2 will be MIJ. 2 will be [probable] China.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
2 will be MIJ. 2 will be [probable] China.
4 models? At least MIJ is confirmed for me I'll need to see how much they'll cost, I may just buy one.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:05 PM

Reviews: 2

Kiss sucks
(I also started playing mostly cuz of kiss too lol can't avoid em)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYLD STALLYNS View Post
Kiss sucks
This is a thread about the guitar, I don't care about the band or the drama behind it. The Paul Stanley Iceman is an iconic Ibanez signature model and it'S GREAT were are FINALLY getting an MIJ Iceman.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:

There will be several versions for all budgets.
I didn't know that it was known he would come to Ibanez again. I did see him use the Washburns less and less though. From what I see they aren't bad, at any price point but Ibanez and Paul Stanley are made for each other, just like Ace Frehley and a three pickup Les Paul with DiMarzios.

When Ace went briefly to Washburn with double locking tremolo, I knew he was trying to get current with double locking guys like Van Halen, DiMartini, Lynch, and Vai, but I was glad to see him get back to the sunburst Gibsons and Epiphones and his fixed bridge setup.

I don't know of any players who cross back and forth equally between double locking trem and fixed bridge successfully other than Paul Gilbert.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 12:39 AM

Reviews: 2

Paul was playing Washburns when I saw them this summer...... this must be a somewhat new deal.

I'm really not a Paul Stanley fan, but I've always like hos guitars....a lot.

It will be nice to see some new models again. Hopefully one of them stays true to the original PS10, or an LTD?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 07:03 AM

I found out about it about 4 months ago in this Kiss Rig Rundown clip. He has one in his rig and his tech quietly announces it.

http://youtu.be/Dg2fRBXhB6Q

I've always loved the PS Guitars and was pissed that I didn't get one last time he was playing them. I had a chance to get an original 70's one back in '91 for $900AUD & didn't buy it. Still kicking myself for that one.

I'll definitely be buying one this time. Wont be going top self though.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

I wonder if this will be the catalyst for a non-signature mij Iceman.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I wonder if this will be the catalyst for a non-signature mij Iceman.
I hope there's a market for MIJ Iceman outside of Paul Stanley. There's no Scofield, Metheny, or Benson that are non signatures MIJ since those are so tied in with the players themselves. I think Iceman MIJ is so Paul Stanley that one would probably have to be like the original brown mahogany pre-Stanley or a Floyded System of a Down type Iceman, still MIJ but black or white. Of course DiMarzios would be good.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
I hope there's a market for MIJ Iceman outside of Paul Stanley. There's no Scofield, Metheny, or Benson that are non signatures MIJ since those are so tied in with the players themselves. I think Iceman MIJ is so Paul Stanley that one would probably have to be like the original brown mahogany pre-Stanley or a Floyded System of a Down type Iceman, still MIJ but black or white. Of course DiMarzios would be good.
That's true, but even if we don't get a mass produced Iceman, the PS, if they price is right, is worth it

Tags
iceman , paul stanley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode