Peavey V-Type Guitars, what do you think? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Peavey V-Type Guitars, what do you think?

hey all! I was surfing evilbay the other day and saw an auction for a limited edition, namm peavey guitar. I looked at peavey's website last night and saw these, which are the same. They look really nice, imo.

http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...TypeSeries.cfm

I was leaning towards the STB in white. Have any of you played these guitars by chance? I was hoping to get a few opinions before I decide to make it my goal to get one.

The local Peavey distributor here will sell it for $599 + tax, which sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Have any of you played one? Thanks for your opinions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 PM

Re: Peavey V-Type Guitars, what do you think?

I suppose if I bought every guitar ever made and had an extra $600+tax to spare, I may buy one.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_76
hey all! I was surfing evilbay the other day and saw an auction for a limited edition, namm peavey guitar. I looked at peavey's website last night and saw these, which are the same. They look really nice, imo.

http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...TypeSeries.cfm

I was leaning towards the STB in white. Have any of you played these guitars by chance? I was hoping to get a few opinions before I decide to make it my goal to get one.

The local Peavey distributor here will sell it for $599 + tax, which sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Have any of you played one? Thanks for your opinions!
I'm about to buy the black one with Floyd bridge. They are awesome guitars, apparently. Read the user reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...Edition-1.html

The guitars are amazing for the price. Even though they are made in Korea (or should I say hand-crafted) the attention to detail is almost like custom shop work. Can't wait to get mine. With some better pickups this will be a stunning guitar. Unfortunately I don't like any of the recent Ibanez guitars, so it's time to try something else. RG's are boring nowdays.

Last edited by Dee; 06-16-2006 at 08:50 PM.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Silly me- I was expecting them to have "V"-shaped body.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 10:31 AM

I played one a couple of times at the dealer's when they were first released a few years ago - I was looking for a floyd equipped axe with a more traditional neck shape, and I really liked the look of the guitar, what with the binding, the gold hardware, and the small, light build. I thought the trem was pretty chintzy, and even on a brand new guitar it wouldn't stay in tune (probably needed the knife edges sharpened or something - the set up seemed good, I stretched the strings, and the nut looked to be okay). Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool but after weighing the pro's and con's I took a pass and went out picked up a Wolfgang Special (USA)... Still, the Peavey's a pretty good guitar for the money...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Dee

I'm hoping you picked up a one-off bad example of the V-Type, Jimi. I have read lots of reviews of the guitar and no one mentioned that the bridge is bad or won't stay in tune. I hope that isn't the case!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge
Silly me- I was expecting them to have "V"-shaped body.
I was thinking the same thing this morning when I checked this thread.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Dee

Some good quality pics of the V-Type here:

Black: http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAM...-NTB-ST-lg.jpg

White: http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAM...-NTB-TR-lg.jpg
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:26 PM

I dig them. I'd really like a white one.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Dee

The white one actually comes with gold hardware, I forgot to mention it in my previous post (the pic above shows black hardware). I would like the white one too, but I'm not fond of gold hardware, although it does look pretty classy on this guitar.

To be honest, when I first saw pics of the V-Type I was like "... OK, so what's the price on this guitar ... " totally expecting it to be a seriously high price. I did a double take when I saw them sellin for around £350, I couldn't believe it. I showed a pic to my girlfriend and asked how much she thought it was worth, and she guessed £1000 and upwards.

OK, I'll shut up now before I start to sound too much like a Peavey salesman!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:54 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Peavey V-Type Guitars, what do you think?

They are nice guitars but they aren't new by any means they are a slight spin off of the Guitar built for Adrian Vandenberg in the 80's minus the kahler trem...
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S
They are nice guitars but they aren't new by any means they are a slight spin off of the Guitar built for Adrian Vandenberg in the 80's minus the kahler trem...
How did i know from your name that you were going to say something about an 80's axe?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 AM

Reviews: 10
Talking Re: Peavey V-Type Guitars, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
How did i know from your name that you were going to say something about an 80's axe?
Well you know... "It's in my BLOOD!!!"
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 AM

Reviews: 7

They have a nice look, but I wouldn't buy one.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Dee

Why not? Not a trendy brand? These guitars kick ass.

Tags
bridge pickup , custom shop , ibanez guitars , kahler trem , neck position , neck shape , tone zone , wolfgang special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode