Peavey Vandenberg Thoughts... - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Re: Peavey Vandenberg Thoughts...

Oh, hang on a mo' ....

There it is

I think his old original puzzle guitar looks cooler than the RG wood version

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
No it is not aftermarket< I bought it a longgggg time ago and it came like that,
what would be the senese in changing a black one for a gold one? all I know is that I never saw another Vandenberg with a gold trem. A factory fluke???
maybe...but I love the way it looks, sounds and plays. I use it when I get into my Vandenberg mood to play Wait or Burning Heart!!!

Olie,
Actually, I think that first Vandenberg record was recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Heritage 80. That's the guitar he's holding in the shot on the album and I seem to remember reading something to that effect...

Now, if you were talking "Still Of The Night"... Wait... Was that recorded by Sykes? OK, maybe "Slip Of The Tounge"...
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Smith View Post
Now, if you were talking "Still Of The Night"... Wait... Was that recorded by Sykes? OK, maybe "Slip Of The Tounge"...
Adrian Vandenberg wrote all of the songs for Slip of the tongue but the guitar was actualy recorded by Steve Vai. After the success of 1987 Adrian felt he wanted to raise his game for the follow up album and the poor guy injured his arm/hand whilst practicing and getting ready to go into the studio to record what he'd written. With all the studio/record company deadlines there was no time to wait for it to heal and it's a feather in Adrians cap that everyone concerned thought only Vai could replace him. This lead to Vai going out on tour with that album and appearing on-stage alonside Adrian.

Dude, Slip of the tongue is in my top 5 "all time" favourite albums!

Ben
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:55 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Peavey Vandenberg Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Smith View Post
Olie,
Actually, I think that first Vandenberg record was recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Heritage 80. That's the guitar he's holding in the shot on the album and I seem to remember reading something to that effect...

What are talking about Willis...??? Did I ever mention anything about Vandenberg recording with the Peavey??? well for your enlightenment Adje AKA Adrian started out playing Les Pauls excusively, all through his 3 albums "vandenberg"
"Heading for the storm" and "alibi" he played guitar on nothing but that. it wasn't until he joined Whitesnake that he was first approached by Fernandes guitars for an endorsement deal a few were produced mostly for the Japanese market and then that endorsement fell apart and that is when peavey approached him about a signature model and that is how the peavey Vandenberg was born!!!

80'S Gutars 101 is over class dismiss!!!
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Olie,
No you never mentioned recording. I just wanted to bring up his Les Paul and that seemed like the logical place. I was facinated at one time for the tone on the first Vandenberg record. I love that record. The other 2 are OK but the first one, kick ass. But I always assumed that the guitar he's holding was a late 50's LP. I just recently read it was a H-80. I have one of those, the are pretty amazing LP's...
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: Peavey Vandenberg Thoughts...

I agree with you there my friend!!! his tone and guitar playing was the BEST in their debut album although I must confess I love them all!!!!!!!
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM

vandenberg peavey

hello guys im new of the forum im searching a vandenberg signature do you know where i can find it???
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM

I got my first Vandenberg. A Quilt Top. The best guitar ive ever played.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM

I'm gonna be selling this one if anyone is interested.........
[IMG][/IMG]
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM

Reviews: 2

congratulations with that beautiful guitar. adje is one of my favorite guitarists, and our dutch proud. i saw him live at a whitesnake concert here in the netherlands. he was the special guest.
beautiful guitar
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Im looking for vandenbergs! Who wants to sell one.....Please offer all you have....

Thats my first but not last Vandenberg:

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM

My Vandenberg Signature Series II

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis View Post
someone being as @$$ in chicago? Imagine THAT!!! (My dad is from there and i visit occasionally with the family). Being here in NC i find it a rude awakening when i go to chicago and see how rude some of the people are. The big city has a totally different vibe.......sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.

Sorry to get off subject just wanted to make that rant!
I'm from Chicago and work in the loop and I would have to disagree. There are idiots everywhere, not just Chicago. For the most part here, most people are the opposite of what you experienced. I would have to say though, that most people from NC are very laid back so wherever you go, you may feel everyone is bad compared to where you are. I have family in NC.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
The stock pups are not great that is for sure! I put a Seymour Duncan GL screaming demon in the bridge and a hotrail in the neck position and it sounds beautiful man!!!
That's crazy talk! The original vandy hums are the most powerful, punchy pickups ever! I had a few vandys in my time and no pickup has ever compared to them. i won't buy another vandy if the pickups aren't original.

Tags
alder body , bridge pickup , custom guitar , ebony board , ebony fretboard , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gold trem , guitar body , guitar playing , les paul , les pauls , neck position , peavey vandenberg , playing guitar , seymour duncan , steve vai , trem arm , upper fret , upper frets , volume knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in