Peavey Wolfgang or EB/MM Axis - Which one do you prefer? - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 09:56 PM
Vendor

Peavey Wolfgang or EB/MM Axis

Again, the fine tuners are *not* in contact with the string. They are in contact with the baseplate and the saddle rod, saddle rod in contact with the saddle, saddle in contact with string. Too far removed to have any aural value (if it would) at all. If you want to continue this discusion, maybe you should have started it in the proper topic area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 10:33 PM

Someone does make the perfect Floyd. Its called the Floyd Rose Pro. The Ibanez doesn't seem as durably built as the original Floyd, but the Lo Pro does seem to be a bit smoother and it has the locking allens inside the post bolts. I've never had any problem with post bolts backing-off when I play but I'm glad the Lo Pro has it anyway. Being I'm a moody bast*rd (sometimes I like one, sometimes I like the other) I'll take both.
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 10:16 AM

Okay once again I will state that it makes a major difference. *Each little part of the floyd vibrates especially the fine tuners which is in almost direct contact with the string. *I can strip a floyd down in 10 seconds blindfolded. * If you dont believe me hit a note and hold the fine tuner. *It vibrates. *So once again I will state I think they should be made from brass like the original floyd.

"Oh I can get us there real quick......Jack Buttler's gonna like you......
post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 12:00 PM
Vendor

10 seconds huh? OK, I'll time you, GO!
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 01:38 PM

OOhh 9 seconds that time guys. *Guess I lied huh.

Oh I can get us there real quick.......Jack Buttler's gonna like you.....
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Re: Peavey Wolfgang or EB/MM Axis - Which one do you prefer?

Burried thread for years but i just uploaded a comparison video between these two beauties and..
it is on youtube /watch?v=SLNwr5JA758
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:22 PM

eddie worked very closely with both Musicman and Peavey and now with Fender. NOTHING with his name is released or shipped without Ed's approval.
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Junkie View Post
eddie worked very closely with both Musicman and Peavey and now with Fender.
And Converse

Tags
base plate , custom shop , double neck , eddie van halen , edge trem , ernie ball , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd trem , guitar shop , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez trem , les paul , les pauls , local guitar shop , locking tuners , mounted pickups , neck joint , nut pads , peavey wolfgang , quilted maple , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , srv strat , steve vai , trem block , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode