Personally, im a tele man myself... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Personally, im a tele man myself...

yeah, strats are good, but they just don't cut mustard with me, a tele will allways be my first guitar. haveing said that, im a big rg fan....

anyway, this joke has stopped being funny...

tx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:37 PM

Re: Personally, im a tele man myself...

u like televisions? yeah same i think they r better for watching trever mcdonald than a strat, this joke was never funny
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Dee

Tele's are great. Always had a soft spot for them. Nowhere near being my fave guitar, though.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 PM

A friend of mine picked up a Fender Tele not too long ago, the thing plays and sounds amazing, especially through a Fender Deluxe. Very nice guitar. I have a Strat in my collection already and I plan on acquiring a Tele one of these days.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 08:11 AM

I got a Yamaha Pacifica 302 to fill my tele needs. It's cool, but IMO the tele has one good sound, and isn't a comfy guitar. Great to have in the stable, especially if you play country, but as an only child? ...uhh...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 08:35 AM

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=49021868

ok i just started playing not long before i recorded this song so its pretty crappy and i kinda messed it up but thats not the point lol.

anyway, this is a squier affinity tele (the cheapest one known to man) and a cheapo fender amp. with a radio shack microphone. so yea i guess teles do only have one good sound, but that sound IMO is pretty good. cant wait till i get a real one one of these days.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 08:42 AM

My tele has a lot of good sounds. The neck pickup is very deep and bluesy. LOTS of punch. The bridge pickup is super bright and edgy. Sounds cool with a little overdrive and crazy with high gain. The bridge pickup will cut through anything and sounds super tight when jamming with a band. Both pickups together are smoother and rounder and sound good for playing mellow chords and stuff like that. Teles are great.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 08:55 AM

i havent actually played a real fender telecaster so i would assume that all pickup positions would sound good. i mite just haveta go stop by sam ash later hmmm.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:43 PM

Of course, as with anything, it's a taste call. I could just never get into the neck pickup on a tele. Now, there are lots of modified designs - uncovered neck singles, neck buckers, etc. on tele guitars. I like many of those. But a standard? Not my cup o' tea.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i only have a mexican tele, but its the best guitar under 1000 that ive played (yes, thats including some rgs!!!!)

tele+fender hotrod deluxe= beautiful tone!!!!

im thinking of wadging a hotrail in my tele, any ideas???

someone said that 'putting a hotrail in a tele is like ripping out its soul', but im not sure who, and if theyre right...

tx
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:39 PM

depends what sound u want, if u want the humbucker sound, then go for it my son
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Teles are great, and hella versatile. Look what Kotzen has done with his.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by toma
yeah, i only have a mexican tele, but its the best guitar under 1000 that ive played (yes, thats including some rgs!!!!)

tele+fender hotrod deluxe= beautiful tone!!!!

im thinking of wadging a hotrail in my tele, any ideas???

someone said that 'putting a hotrail in a tele is like ripping out its soul', but im not sure who, and if theyre right...

tx
Putting a hotrail in there is exactly what I'd do. If you love the way the guitar plays but are in need of a little more variety in the sound department, a rail would be good. Just fit a push/pull coil tap and you can keep the single coil sound too.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

yeah, that was my thoughts...when i get the money, i think that will be next....\
\

tx
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:54 AM

I love Tele's. I almost bought a '55 from G.E. Smith about 2 years ago, but couldn't get the price I needed. A good friend of mine has an extremely mint '53, and it is possibly the worst 'good' guitar I've ever played. It's still worth thousands and thousands, but it's an absolute canoe paddle.

A Tele is an honest guitar that forces you to play well. Everyone should have one. And if you change the pickups out go with Fralins

Tags
bridge pickup , coil tap , ebmm silhouette , fender deluxe , fender telecaster , humbucker sound , neck pickup , pull coil , pull coil tap , sam ash , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode