Petrucci models - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Petrucci models

I am interested in the JPM Ibanez guitars. From what I've read on harmony-central, people love them! I searched for any threads in here but I'm lazy now so if anyone owns one let me know what you think, things to look out for, prices, etc. Or post a link if there is a good thread already. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 06:32 PM

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 12:42 PM

IMHO...the Ernie Ball/Music Man JPM is the one to get. I had a Ibanez JPM P2 and a P4 model and they both sounded and looked really good as well as played really easy with the viper neck. The Ernie Ball version, however, has more dynamics in the pickups, a better tremelo and schaller locking tuners which make it very difficult to knock out of tune (as well as the piezo pickup option which I have on both of mine...sounds incredible!). Also, they are built with such a high level of quality that I have no fear they will be problematic live. Just my opinion. As far as available Ibanez JPM's, I think there is a P3 and a P4 on ebay right now so hurry! :P
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 12:58 PM

play an EB model before you buy cos the necks... well i think they dont do anything exciting to the hand. its "flat" playing those guitars!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:32 PM

Don't forget that the people on H-C were probably the ones that actually bought a Petrucci...I really never liked the way they played, and I've tried the P1, P4s and 3 JPM90HAMs. They just play awkward and lack emotion. Petrucci's guitars seem to be tools instead of musical instruments to me.
Press this string on this fret to get that note...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:02 PM

I hate to be sacreligous, taking into account this is an Ibanez fan site, but if you really want a guitar with versatility that totally screams and is reliable, consider a PRS McCarty. An RG3120 is not a bad choice as well, as the whole world knows!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 01:20 AM

I have a JPM P1 and an EB/MM JP7.

I love both the guitars for different reasons. They both play excellently and both sound fantastic. My JPM P1 is definately my favorite Ibanez that I own.

I find the EB/MM guitars to be more versatile and of higher quality (cleaner construction, better fit/finish, excellent fret work) than the Prestige Ibanez's I own (the JPM and the RG7CT); but nonetheless, with a little TLC the Ibanez's are just about up to par.

As a side note, the JPM P1 is the only Ibanez I've ever owned that I didn't absolutely hate the pickups and gut it right away; I actually like them a lot and have no itention of changing them.

They're both fine guitars, just depends what you are looking for.

Tags
ernie ball , ibanez guitars , ibanez jpm , locking tuners , piezo pickup , prs mccarty , schaller locking , schaller locking tuners , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode