PGA1000 Paul Gilbert Acoustic?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

PGA1000 Paul Gilbert Acoustic??

Hello All,
I'm curious to know anything about the Paul Gilbert signature acoustic. There is supposedly a PGA1000MB (marine blue finish) and a PGA1000TR (transparent red finish). When/where were these made? Were/are they available in the American market? Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 05:11 AM

I've never actually seen one so I can't tell you much other than the fact these models do actually exist. For pics, try here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/special/pgm/pga1000.html

- raijin
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 05:14 AM

Just found out that PGA1000 was released here in Japan on August 12, 1998.

Here's a pic of him playing it in Petaluma, CA (Stars Music):
http://www.yeehaw.org/mbb/image/pg_19981021.jpg

For other nice pics of Paul and Mr. Big try this URL:
http://www.yeehaw.org/mbb/picture-j.html

- raijin
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, raijin. I had seen the pics on the Ibanez Japan site. That is what stirred up my curiousity. That is the only place I have seen anything about them. I'm guessing that, as usual, we didn't get those here in the USA. I wish Ibanez wouldn't hold back the PGM's from us.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 05:22 AM

I agree. It seems like there's enough potential for PGMs to do well in the market over there. I think it's silly that the only model available there is the PGM30. That just sucks...

- raijin
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Re: PGA1000 Paul Gilbert Acoustic??

Hi guys,

to all of you who might be interested in PGA1000, I am still the lucky owner one of those.
Great sound, plugged or unplugged!!
Since i am thinking to sell it, want to buy some Martin, I am actually selling it from now on. Plese contact me via email: mario.barisic @ gmail.com in case you are interested.
Cheers!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM10th View Post
Hello All,
I'm curious to know anything about the Paul Gilbert signature acoustic. There is supposedly a PGA1000MB (marine blue finish) and a PGA1000TR (transparent red finish). When/where were these made? Were/are they available in the American market? Any info would be appreciated.

Hi
to all of you who might be interested in PGA1000, I am still the lucky owner one of those.
Since i am thinking to sell it, want to buy some Martin, I am actually selling it from now on. Plese contact me via email: mario.barisic at gmail in case you are interested.
Cheers!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM

Hi guys,

Since i am thinking to sell it, want to buy some Martin, I am actually selling it from now on. Plese contact me: mario.barisic at gmail in case you are interested.
Cheers!

Tags
paul gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode