PGM Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
PGM Question

I'm looking at a 1998 PGM 30 over the net. Do they have Ibanez or Dimarzio pickups?

Is this model any good?

How about the TRS II trem, any good, if not could I replace it with an edge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 04:34 PM
EKG

Re: PGM Question

The trem is not great, but some people have no troubles with it. No direct replacement with an Edge trem. The pups are IBZ.

If possible, look for the 2003+ PGM30. It has the Prestige neck and Edge Pro trem.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM

i thought that they were tonezones or xd2s or whatever theyr called
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:39 PM

Not on the PGM30 they aren't. PGM30s have always come with Ibanez pickups.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Ive got a Korean PGM30 with the trs2 and for the most part its OK. The neck on the guitar is amazing, but the trem imo isnt very good. Its not as responsive as the edge pro on my jem, or the lopro on my UV. The pickups too are very weak especially the center, its almost useless. I pretty much have given the guitar to my roomate cause it kinda sucks compared to my other guitars. It looks cool, and has one of the nicest profiles I have ever felt on a neck, but if your going to pay over $300 dont get it. Get a RG570 and mod it up a bit. I picked up a 570 for $280 two months ago, I sanded the neck finish, dropped an edge pro (filed the inside trem walls for fit) and it plays just as good as my dbk.

Tags
dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge pro trem , edge trem , ibanez pickups , neck finish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode