PGM100 How Much??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

PGM100 How Much???

Hello there,

I just mailed a seller for a PGM100, and he said i should give a price...

So what is this guitar worth?

It's in pretty good condition (lets say something around near mint, maybe less)
It has all the original hardware.
It's from 1991 and he is the third owner.

O, and one thing, im probably turning it into a hardtail so could you guys please tell me what it's worth with and without the trem.

Thanks all, and i hope i can get it

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Re: PGM100 How Much???

He just mailed me again and told me that he was thinking around 1300 euro's thats about 1570 USD.

i think thats too much... What do you think?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:17 AM

If you're converting it, it stops being a "PGM" so I would advise you to just get another guitar and customize that one probably with lots of savings. There are several fixed bridge options there (321, 421, 1571, etc) to start with, and then you can add the f-holes, etc. The pickups are relatively standard, and the neck is also somewhat standard.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur
If you're converting it, it stops being a "PGM" so I would advise you to just get another guitar and customize that one probably with lots of savings. There are several fixed bridge options there (321, 421, 1571, etc) to start with, and then you can add the f-holes, etc. The pickups are relatively standard, and the neck is also somewhat standard.
Just get the PGM301 if you don't mind spending a bit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Just get the PGM301 if you don't mind spending a bit.
Well over here you can get a pgm301 for less than 1300 euro's.. maybe ill go with that... who knows. I just can't resist the awesome looks of the pgm100!

Edit: just decided i wont't take off the bridge, for many reasons

Last edited by JoeJoe; 10-10-2005 at 07:23 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:04 PM

are you sure u dont want a floyd rose, if so get a rg and add dimarzios or emgs, the body is similar. In the U.K. a new pgm301 (the white one) is around £650-800, i dunno what the pick ups are though, dimarzios i guess.......
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleso'dwyer
are you sure u dont want a floyd rose, if so get a rg and add dimarzios or emgs, the body is similar. In the U.K. a new pgm301 (the white one) is around £650-800, i dunno what the pick ups are though, dimarzios i guess.......
Well, it seems like JoeJoe doesn't want to put with the hassle of a floating trem (but who am I to say, right?). Especially when you're changing strings...Anyway, the pickups on the PGM301 are Paf Pros in the neck and bridge postitions and a JEM single coil in the middle. But I guess you guys knew that already .
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Well, it seems like JoeJoe doesn't want to put with the hassle of a floating trem (but who am I to say, right?). Especially when you're changing strings...Anyway, the pickups on the PGM301 are Paf Pros in the neck and bridge postitions and a JEM single coil in the middle. But I guess you guys knew that already .
You got that right
I like fixed bridges because there so easy to use.
When you don't need whammy, for example if you go to your guitar lessons and you don't have much time you don't want to set up a floyd rose equiped beast...

Not that i don't like floating trems, i love them, you can do some crazy stuff with them but a little simplicity is good sometimes

edit: oh forgot to tell you guys, the pgm100 deal is off... i gues i'll save up for a pgm301 or something. still don't know if ill go with a floyd or a fixed... dilema

Tags
fixed bridge , floating trems , floyd rose , paf pro , paf pros

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what bridge is on the ibanez PGM100

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode